Teacher for EYFS or KS1 - Damson Wood Nursery & Infant School
£25714.00 - £41604.00 p.a. Incremental progression is dependent on performance.
32.5 Hours per Week
Teacher for EYFS or KS1
Required for a September 2021 start
Salary according to STPCD
The Governors and Chief Executive Officer are seeking to appoint a teacher in EYFS or KS1 to join our team at Central Schools Trust comprising of Balsall Common Primary School Academy and Damson Wood Nursery & Infant School Academy. With regard to this appointment, the successful candidate will be part of the team at Damson Wood Nursery & Infant School Academy.
The successful candidate will:
• Enjoy working with children
• Be a good team player with a positive outlook and a sense of humour
• Able to provide a firm, yet nurturing, environment for the children
• Have a clear understanding of the Foundation Stage Curriculum
• Determined to help the children to achieve to the very best of their ability
• Understand how emotional well-being impacts on achievement
• Have high standards and expectations of all
• Be a good team player with a positive outlook
• Possess energy, enthusiasm, resilience and a pro-active nature
• Demonstrate excellent organisational skills
• Show a willingness to try out new approaches and embrace changes
• Be able to lead, motivate and inspire others
• Demonstrate superb interpersonal communication skills
• Be innovative, creative and a strategic thinker
• Have the ability to analyse data effectively to identify and track the progress of vulnerable groups/children
Central Schools Trust can offer you:
• a clear plan for developing employees through an Employee Development Programme, which sets clear guidelines for career advancement from entry level to coordinator, manager and director positions
• a package that offers employee benefits
• a well-being package to support staff emotionally and physically
The support received from within our organisation will help to develop skills and foster experience which can be used as a stepping stone for future career advancement.
For further details, please see full job description and person specification.
Additional information and how to apply
We welcome candidates to come and look around the school, however, due to current guidelines these will take place after school. If you would prefer, we can arrange an informal telephone conversation with the Headteacher. Please contact Janet Carlington at firstname.lastname@example.org, who will be pleased to arrange this.
Interviews will be conducted face to face in accordance with current guidelines but, should these guidelines change, interviews will be conducted via video link using Microsoft Teams. Successful candidates will be contacted shortly after the application closing date with details of interview date and time.
The Central Schools Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check and will be expected to provide two suitable references.
Applications must be on a CST Application Form, which is attached with this advert CV’s will not be accepted.
Completed application forms are to be returned by email for the attention of the Chief Executive Officer’s PA at email@example.com. The closing date for applications is midnight on Sunday 13 June 2021.
This post will require an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring check.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
Solihull Council is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees - a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit.
Solihull Council has a responsibility for, and a commitment to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.