Salary: Main Pay Scale
Job start 1st September 2021
Contract type: Full Time
Contract term: Permanent
Alvechurch C of E Middle School is a thriving Middle School for pupils aged between 9-13. We currently have 440 pupils. We set high standards for teaching and learning, and our students enjoy a varied, rich and broad curriculum as highlighted in our recent Ofsted inspection (Jan 2020) where pupils were described as articulate, look smart, and behave very well in the classroom and the playground.
We are blessed with state of the art facilities for our students, staff and the local community.
We seek a dynamic Teacher, ideally with a specialism in Maths and/or Art/DT, to predominantly teach in Key Stage 2 but willing to experience the joys of teaching in a Middle School environment and taking the opportunities on offer to teach across the age range. The successful candidate will provide our students with the best possible education, helping them to develop a lifelong enthusiasm for literature, language and learning. Other curriculum areas taught will depend on the candidate’s individual strengths.
Do you have:
- A passion for teaching?
- High expectations of all learners?
- A creative and imaginative approach to teaching and learning?
- Expertise in using technology to enhance learning and teaching?
- The resilience and sense of humour to enjoy developing young minds?
- An ethos of high expectations for students and staff
- An amazing body of pupils who are motivated and keen to learn
- A professionally stimulating and supportive working environment
- A strong commitment to professional development, progression, incentives and benefits for all staff
Alvechurch C of E Middle School is committed to safeguarding children and all appointments will be subject to receipt of a satisfactory Enhanced DBS Certificate with a Barred List and references.
For an informal discussion about the role and an opportunity to see our wonderful facilities then please contact the school office on 0121 445 1033 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
NQTs are very welcome to apply. We can offer a very experienced staff and a supportive environment where you can develop your career professionally and personally.
The closing date for applications is: 9 a.m. Friday 18th June and interviews will be on morning of Wednesday 23rd June.