Deputy Headteacher – Ref TV13021
Salisbury Primary School
Salisbury Street, Darlaston, Walsall WS10 8BQ
Headteacher: Mrs D. Steen
Deputy Head: Mr S. Forsyth
Telephone: 0121 6674066
Deputy Headteacher – Ref TV13021
Salary Range L08-L12
Required for 1st January 2022 (or earlier via negotiation)
The Governors of Salisbury Primary School are seeking to appoint an ambitious, inspirational leader from January 2022 or earlier via negotiation.
The Headteacher is seeking to appoint a leader with all of the above but who will be able to use both their understanding of how children learn and how staff can be supported to reflect on and develop their own practice.
The staff are seeking a leader who is approachable, knowledgeable and supportive while the children and their parents want a leader who knows them and is interested in who they are.
The successful candidate will join the school’s leadership team of senior and middle leaders to become an integral part of the ongoing school improvement process. They will be involved in all aspects of the development of our school with a specific focus on developing teaching and learning across the whole school as well as leading a core subject, data managing and pupil progress/catch up.
We are looking for you to:
- Have the drive and resilience to help us to continue to move the school to ‘Outstanding.’
- Have a proven, proactive approach to leading school improvement.
- Has the skills to be an effective team builder who is dynamic and an inspiration to others.
- Be an excellent classroom teacher who will drive teaching and learning across the school.
- Be skilled in data management and able to analyse data to accelerate progress and raise achievement.
- Has effective interpersonal skills and is committed to working in partnership with parents, staff, and governors.
- Lead and develop a core subject.
- Teach part time in any key stage.
- Be passionate about making a difference to the future prospects of our
- Has a passion and enthusiasm for the education of all children.
- Enjoy being creative and having fun with our children.
We can offer you:
• A rich and diverse community;
• Strong and supportive cluster school links;
• Children who enjoy learning who are eager, responsive and well-behaved and are supported by a community who are committed to their success;
• Dedicated staff who are committed to the wellbeing of our children;
• A leadership team focused on school improvement;
• A supportive governing body;
• Continued professional development, including release time and funding to achieve your ambitions and to further your career to Headship.
Socially distanced informal visits to the school are warmly welcomed (Subject to lockdown restrictions) - please see details below of available dates/times: please contact the office to book a visit:
10th June 2021 - 4.00pm
14th June 2021- 9.00am
17th June 2021- 9.00am
21st June 2021- 4.00pm
Closing date: Monday 5th July 2021 at 12:00 pm
Shortlisting: Wednesday 7th July 2021 and candidates informed if shortlisted
Interviews: 12th & 13th July 2021
How to Apply:
Further details and an application form are available from, and returnable to, the school office at:
Salisbury Primary School, Salisbury Street, Darlaston, WS10 8BQ. Telephone: 0121 6674066
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
All appointments are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.