Whatever your role within Wyre Forest District Council, every day you will be working to benefit the people of Wyre Forest. You can help shape our District’s future, and you will be part of a workforce that makes a difference.
Quality, professionalism and commitment are the key drivers of the services we offer to enhance the quality of life of local residents and visitors to the District. In order to maintain high standards it is necessary to have a diverse workforce who are highly competent and experienced, whose main focus is ensuring the services we offer meet the aspirations and needs of our local community.
The Facilities and Asset Management team delivers front line customer services for the Council. We are looking for a casual receptionist to provide cover for the full-time receptionist at Wyre Forest House, as and when required.
The post involves the handling of all visitors to Wyre Forest House to assist in their purpose for the visit. You will be trained for taking payments and issuing receipts on behalf of all Council Directorates and will also be required to undertake appropriate administrative duties during quiet periods of visitor demands.
You will possess:
GCSE English Language and Mathematics or equivalent
You will require:
- Good understanding of administrative processes
- Proven experience of working with the public preferably in a customer service environment, either face to face of by phone
- Experienced in dealing with the public in difficult circumstances
- Demonstrable competency in using ICT systems and multiple databases to access and provide accurate information
- Proven cash handling skills
Wyre Forest District Council is an equal opportunities employer