LEVEL 4 Higher Level Teaching Assistant - Ref: TV13221
Short Heath Federation
Lane Head Nursery, Rosedale C of E Infant School, Short Heath Junior School
Supporting Children with SEND
LEVEL 4, Term Time Only
Grade G7 £27,041 – 31,346 Pro-Rata to hours worked
32½hrs a week
Actual Salary from £21,081 - £24,437 per annum £14.02 per hour
Our Federation offers a unique opportunity for a very special kind of HLTA to work in a single phase school, as well as the chance to work alongside colleagues from other phases, in order to continue to learn and to grow. Our provision for children with additional needs is exceptional. Our staff are too. We never stop being curious about what our children need and how we can meet that need in the most appropriate and personalized way for that child.
We need a truly inspirational HLTA who shares our vision of ensuring full inclusion for every child, no matter what their needs. Your specialism may be in Early Years, Key Stage 1 or Key Stage 2. This role is specifically working within our Inclusion team, supporting the development of our specialist provisions and predominantly working with children who have Communication and Interaction as their primary area of need with associated Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs. You will be expected to work alongside teaching staff but also lead smaller group provisions.
You need resilience, strength of character and a professional curiosity in order to support our children’s needs which can be many and varied. You also need to really relish the times when we get it right for a child and where, through giving them the right support, you see them become happier, more confident, more independent and making progress.
Starting as soon as possible, we can offer permanent and fixed term contracts.
You will have significant experience of working with children on the Autistic Spectrum and ADHD. You will have a working knowledge of Attachment and Trauma in children and how adverse childhood experiences can affect some children’s ability to reach their true potential. You will advocate the belief that every behavior is a communication of an unmet need and that, if something isn’t working, it’s because we haven’t got it right for that child yet.
- Enjoy motivating and exciting children about learning
- Able to demonstrate resilience
- Have been involved in the delivery of an adapted curriculum
- Have used Boxall Profiling or similar to measure progress
- Have experience of working with children with ADHD, ASC, SLD and MLD as well as those who are trauma experienced
- Have the ability to work as part of a team
- Are able to use your own initiative
- High levels of emotional intelligence
- Skilled at using teacher’s planning to adapt and deliver in class support, individual and small group intervention
- Have GCSE Grade C or equivalent in English and Maths
- Are able to support children to be independent learners
- Keen to develop yourself and others
- Imaginative, curious, intuitive, energetic, enthusiastic and hardworking
- Don’t mind getting messy sometimes!
- Enthusiastic, highly motivated, happy children and families!
- A highly inclusive school where every child deserves opportunities to succeed that are appropriate to them
- A highly skilled Inclusion team, who are committed to maintaining high standards and getting it right for children whilst still having fun!
- A structured programme of CPD, working closely with colleagues in our federated schools
- Opportunities to work across Walsall schools in sharing effective practice
- Driving forward change in Walsall using nurture, restorative practice and specialist learning provisions
- Supervision available where needed
- Trailblazer school for mental health
- Restorative practice lead school
- Autism Education Trust Hub School
- Nurture Hub School
If this sounds like you, you can download an application pack from our website - https://www.short-heath.walsall.sch.uk/rosedale/federation-jobs.
We would love you to come and see what life is like here – Contact Vicki Stephen, Head of Inclusion, Relationships and Belonging to book a tour or for an informal chat. email@example.com
Closing date for applications is 12.00 Noon on Monday 14th June 2021.
Interviews will be held later that week.
Short Heath Federation is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, keeping children safe in education and promoting British Values in school and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The post is subject to an Enhanced DBS disclosure check and a completed Disqualification by Association form, along with relevant pre-employment checks, including two suitable professional references.