SEN Class Teacher with TLR for English & Communication
1 day left
Hours: Full time
Contract Type: Permanent
Phone: 0121 556 6690
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Start Date: September 2021
We are looking for a teacher and inspirational middle leader to join Brays School, part of Forward Education Trust, a rapidly growing Multi Academy Trust established in 2017 serving special schools across the West Midland area.
Brays School specialises in the education of primary-aged pupils with a range of diagnosis. The School is split across two sites, one of which caters for those with a diagnosis on the Autistic Spectrum; the other site takes children with a range of physical, learning and sensory difficulties. The School has high standards of teaching and learning and is committed to ensuring that all pupils achieve their full potential.
Please note the school is has been given approval from the DFE to de-amalgamate into two distinct schools. Brays School Sheldon site will retain the name of Brays School and the Brays Tile Cross site will form a new school called Leycroft Academy. We are working towards a separation date of September 2021.
We are looking for a highly effective, creative and inspirational classroom practitioner who is able to lead, manage and develop English, Communication, Speech & Language Therapy and MFL across the curriculum and make an impact on the educational progress of pupils other than the teacher’s assigned classes or groups of pupils. The post is an excellent opportunity for someone who is interested in contributing to the strategic improvement of the school and developing their career.
The successful candidate will:
- Have QTS Status and be employed as a Teacher within the school
- Be an outstanding practitioner with a passion for learning
- Have excellent knowledge of the primary curriculum, including assessment
- Be a proven leader with a history of raising standards
- Be a team player
We can offer you:
- A commitment to support you in developing new skills through a wide range of professional development opportunities and experiences.
- The opportunity to make a huge contribution to the education and lives of children who respond very positively to high quality teaching and support.
- A friendly and inclusive working environment.
You will offer us:
- Your considerable skill as an outstanding teacher who has experience of working with children with special needs.
- Your commitment to engaging and inspiring our pupils, and the ability to make a real difference to their learning and general well-being.
- Your flexibility, commitment and excellent interpersonal skills.
Closing Date: 20 June 2021, 12 midnight
Interview Date: TBC
Please note that only Forward Education Trust Teaching Application forms will be accepted; we will not read accompanying Curriculum Vitae (CV) or accept them in place of an application form.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to all necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Prohibition check; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.
Applicants please note: This post is not part of the City Council and the successful candidate will not hold a Birmingham City Council Contract of Employment. Please use the contact details in the advert for information on actual employment conditions.