Science Associate Specialist Teacher
Unqualified Teacher Pay Scale (£18,169 to £22,394 pa)
Full time, temporary until 31 August 2022
To start as soon as possible, however by September 2021
Are you a graduate or lab technician who is thinking about a career in a secondary school? Perhaps you have qualifications in science and you are looking for a new role?
We have a really interesting and varied new opportunity for a committed and organised professional, dedicated to ensure high attainment of our students, with the warmth and empathy to make a real difference to children and young people.
The role is a unique opportunity to blend science technician support, with timetabled cover in science, an opportunity to mentor young people whilst observing quality teaching and learning new skills. This position could suit someone with experience that stems from many viable educational or work experience routes and could lead onto another pathway whether it be teaching, teacher training, mentoring students, focussed lab and technician work.
We will play to your strengths. You’ll need a sense of humour, innovative ideas, planning and problem solving skills and a strong belief that hard work pays off. In return we will offer you
- Developmental opportunities for the next step in your career
- The opportunity to flourish through our support network and a strong team ethos, so that you have the tools to teach/operate in a way that works for you
- Regular feedback to develop your teaching expertise, if for you this role is a stepping stone into teaching
- An opportunity to participate in a learning and teaching project
- Support from a caring science team that has the freedom to innovate and inspire our students through faculty centred leadership
- A comprehensive induction programme and mentor
- A range of benefits which includes cycle to work, access to a gym and swimming pool, free parking, an employee discount scheme, provision of an iPad, a commitment to staff wellbeing and recognition initiatives through the Trust’s people strategy and well-being committee.
- A strong and effective admin team to enable you to concentrate on your new role.
If this is the next step you have been looking for, then come and see us in action and find out more about what this role can offer. As this role could lend itself to experience from many routes, if you would like to discuss this post further or arrange a school visit, please contact Ali Wilkins on firstname.lastname@example.org Visits to the school prior to application will be warmly welcomed.
Completed forms are returnable to HumanResources@castlephoenixtrust.org.uk
Application deadline: 9.00 am on Monday 14th June 2021
Foxford Community School is committed to safeguarding, promoting the welfare of children and creating a culture of vigilance and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and vigilance. The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.