Contract Term: PERMANENT
Hours: 10 hours per week - 3.15pm-5.15pm - Term time only + banked hours during holidays
Start: September 2021
Offmore Primary School is looking to recruit a cleaner to join our highly effective and supportive team.
We need someone who is hard-working, dedicated, and able to use their initiative.
- Carry out cleaning tasks such as:
o Sweep floors with brushes or dust control mops.
o Mop floors with wet or damp mops.
o Vacuum carpeted areas and ’spot’ clean carpets.
o Dust, damp wipe, wash or polish surfaces including furniture, ledges, windowsills, external surfaces of cupboards, radiators, shelves, door handles, handrails, office equipment and fitments.
- Clean toilets, hand basins, sinks, showers, and water dispensers.
- Empty waste bins or similar receptacles, transport waste material to designated points and remove rubbish from premises.
- Replenish consumable items such as soap, toilet rolls, paper towels and check stock levels.
- Undertake wall washing or inside windowpane cleaning, up to a safe height.
- Clean work surfaces and cookers in cookery areas.
- Handle cleaning equipment and machinery after receiving proper instruction and training.
- Carry cleaning equipment, mops, vacuum cleaners, materials, buckets of solution etc. to and from work areas.
- Launder dusters, tea towels etc.
- Report any deficiencies or need for repairs to the Site Manager.
- Safely use and store cleaning chemicals in accordance with their instructions and be familiar with material safety data sheets.
- Close windows etc. at the end of the day to help maintain security.
- Be courteous to colleagues and pupils, maintain constructive relationships with staff members and provide a welcoming environment for all users of the buildings including parents and other visitors.
- Take pride in doing a good job and proactively undertake cleaning tasks to reduce the spread of germs and prevent any health risks from occurring.
- Adhere to cleaning schedules, health and safety regulations, school policies and codes of conduct.
- Carry out special or non-routine cleaning projects as necessary.
- Comply with any reasonable request from the line manager, Business Manager or member of the Senior Leadership Team.
- Undertake work of a similar level, training and / or hours of work as may be reasonably required that is not specified in this job description.
Offmore Primary school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicants will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS and Disqualification by Association check. Two written references will be requested prior to interview.
If you would like further information and an application form please telephone or email the school.
Telephone: 01562 753934 / Email: email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: 18th June 2021 at 12.00 noon