Clerical Assistant (Mercia Primary Academy Trust)
Mercia Primary Academy Trust consists of three Academies; Lark Hall Infant & Nursery Academy, Flax Hill Junior Academy and Lakeside Primary.
We are looking to appoint an experienced clerical assistant who will bring enthusiasm and drive to take up an integral position within the office.
Our ideal candidate will work under the direction and guidance of senior staff to provide clerical, administrative and financial support to the Academy.
Ideally the successful candidate will have experience within a school office setting. They must be able to demonstrate an understanding of the systems in use within schools, such as SIMs, ParentPay and T2P (or equivalent systems). A good level of word, Excel and ICT is required for this role.
Key requirements are:
- Support senior staff in maintaining the smooth running of the offices
- Liaise with pupils, parents, staff
- Undertake duties such as answering routine telephone calls and face to face enquiries
- Signing in visitors, contractors
- Provide general clerical support to staff e.g. photocopying, filling, emailing
- Maintain manual / computerised information systems
- Produce and collate pupil reports as requested
- Assist in arrangements and record keeping for school trips
- Undertaking routine financial administration e.g. processing bookings, receipting, recording and banking of monies due to the school
- Undertaking bookings e.g. breakfast club or afterschool facilities
- Showing a good understanding of policies and practices
- First aid support
The successful applicant will:
- Demonstrate commitment to self and school improvement
- Possess good communication and interpersonal skills
- Have high expectations of achievement and behaviour
- Be able to work effectively in a team
- Be able to build positive relationships with children, parents and staff
All schools in the MAT have extremely high staff retention rates.
We can offer a caring team of colleagues who are committed to providing the best for our pupils, staff, parents and governors. You can also expect a strong commitment to your professional development.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This position is subject to a criminal records check from the Disclosure & Barring Service. Please view our policies via http://www.mpatrust.co.uk/policies/policies/
Both Flax Hill and Lark Hall were judged as 'good' by OFSTED in December 2016.
How to apply
An application form and further details can be downloaded below. Please send your completed application form, along with a covering letter, recruitment monitoring form and PEAQ directly to the Business Manager, Mrs Tanya Bavin-Matthews.
We appreciate the issues the Coronavirus outbreak is causing, however we will still be undertaking interviews and task observations in person with strict Covid-19 guidelines in place.
Job start required for: September 2021
Contract type: Full Time / 37 Hours / Term Time Only
Contract term: Fixed Term (until 31.08.2022) in the hope of becoming permanent
Closing date for applications: Friday 18th June 2021
Interviews: 28st June 2021 - 2nd July 2021 (inclusive)
Mercia Primary Academy Trust
Flax Hill Junior Academy
Telephone: 01827 215 333