Town Deal Project Manager (2 posts)
7 days left
Commercial Development & Economic Growth Directorate
2 Year Fixed Term Contract (extendable subject to ongoing capital programmes)
37 hours per week | Grade 11 - £36,992 to £38,890 per annum
An opportunity to lead the regeneration of a key location in the Borough of Newcastle-under-Lyme by delivering capital projects within the Town Deal programme.
With Kidsgrove Town Deal allocation of £16.9 million being used to lever in partner investment and Newcastle Town Deal about to be announced (£25 million bid) this is an exciting time to be working in the borough of Newcastle-under-Lyme.
Able to demonstrate a track record of proactively and effectively managing a range of capital projects on major mixed use regeneration schemes.
• Lead the Council's input into the delivery of key capital development schemes from specification to delivery and handover;
• Use Council and Town Deal processes to effectively meet quality, budgetary and contractual deadline targets and funding body requirements;
• Manage relationships with key internal and external stakeholders;
• Control the risk and financial profile for the projects, initiating challenge and corrective action to keep progress on track.
You will be able to demonstrate:
• A proactive and organised approach to project management and experience of working with a range of stakeholders to achieve defined outcomes;
• Strong commercial know-how and understanding of commercial property development;
• High levels of financial literacy, able to understand property and business case appraisals;
• Strong interpersonal, influencing and negotiating skills;
• Education to degree standard with a relevant professional qualification.
For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Elaine Burgess on 01782 742463.
We offer the following benefits: employee wellbeing initiatives, membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme, green travel scheme, generous annual leave and training opportunities.