Level 3 Teaching Assistant (based within an ASD Resource base)
Hours per week: 32.5 per week, term time only
Contract Type: Permanent
Birmingham, B9 5RX
Phone: 0121 803 2914
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Start Date: As soon as possible
Are you looking for a new role where you are able to make a difference?
This post comes at an exciting time within the development of Washwood Heath Multi Academy Trust. Saltley Academy is looking for an experienced level 3 teaching assistant to support students on the autistic spectrum. You will join our friendly team, be enthusiastic, committed to raising standards, have high expectations and will work alongside a conscientious, hardworking and welcoming team.
Saltley Academy recognises that each young person is an individual and is committed to ensuring that no student feels that they are at a disadvantage to their peers. The aim of the Resource Base is to equip each young person with skills and strategies to enable them to access, enjoy and succeed in school, allowing them to achieve their full potential in a
A Teaching Assistant who:
• Will have a sound knowledge of child development, the curriculum and supporting children with special needs and English as an additional language.
• Has experience of working in a school environment and has experience of all key stages.
• Is a qualified Practitioner with qualifications such as NVQ Level 3.
• Has proven skills that will contribute to classroom practise.
• Is a reflective and flexible practitioner.
• Is committed to developing personalised learning.
• Will contribute to the development of the school and the Washwood Heath Multi Academy Trust in raising standards.
• Will join the fantastic team at Saltley Academy with a smile and positivity.
Saltley Academy is a 11-16 comprehensive school in the heart of multi-cultural Birmingham. We have recently been graded Good by Ofsted, and during the recent inspection one of our students described our school as “outstanding, resilient and loving”. The Academy is progressing fast in its mission to develop outstanding learners, ensure academic
success and nurture happy citizens in a supportive and inspiring environment. Throughout the last four years the school has performed significantly above national average in Progress 8. The Academy was also recently awarded the UNICEF rights respecting School Gold Award.
The Academy is part of the Washwood Heath Multi-Academy Trust and shares its core values. Being a member of the Trust provides numerous professional development opportunities. As a member of the Trust, the Academy is committed
to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
An enhanced DBS check will be required for the successful candidate.
We will offer you:
• an excellent induction programme within a friendly and supportive environment
• offer a whole range of professional development opportunities to further develop colleagues’ skills and paid opportunities via the apprenticeship levy
• Are creative and innovative in our approach to all aspects of school life
• A supportive team both within Saltley Academy and across Washwood Heath Multi Academy Trust
• Incredibly enthusiastic, well behaved and motivated children.
• Support and guidance from a highly effective leadership team.
• Access to generous pension scheme.
• A rights respecting school, gold award
• Have a strong family ethos where individuals are respected and valued
• Are part of the Washwood Heath Multi Academy Trust that provides on-site parking and access to an employee benefits scheme
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Closing Date: 14 June 2021, 9am
Informal conversations are warmly welcomed. Please contact Richard Jones (SENCo) at
RJones@saltley.academy or on 0121 803 2765 to arrange a school visit.
(CV’s will NOT be accepted)
Applications should be returned in Word format to: email@example.com
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.
Applicants please note: This post is not part of the City Council and the successful candidate will not hold a Birmingham City Council Contract of Employment. Please use the contact details in the advert for information on actual employment conditions.