Music & Media Technician
Hours per week: 19.5 per week, term time only (3 days per week)
Contract Type: Permanent
Washwood Heath Academy
Phone: 0121 803 2914
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Start Date: 1 September 2021
If you have a passion for the Music and Media, then your career starts here, Washwood Heath Academy has a fantastic opportunity for a talented individual to join an All-Through Academy Arts team. As part of our commitment to help our students to achieve the best possible results, we are looking for a committed, hard-working and enthusiastic individual to
work as a Technician within our vibrant Music and Media Departments.
We are looking for a Music/ Media Technician to work across 2 departments to ensure an efficient and effective service is delivered. This role will involve providing technical and administrative support for teaching and learning within the Music and Media subject areas. You will also be responsible for supporting teachers in lessons, preparing teaching aids and resources, organising and monitoring stock, ordering, supporting open evenings, whole school events/ performances, maintaining and simple repair of equipment. In addition, we have a thriving group of peripatetic music teachers that our technician would support, through timetabling, monitoring attendance and setting up classroom spaces for lessons to run smoothly.
Applicants should also be able to provide evidence that you have skills, knowledge and understanding of photocopying and use of ICT in Creative Arts.
• have motivated, vibrant, multi-ethnic students and staff
• have a strong family ethos where individuals are respected and valued
• offer an excellent induction programme within a friendly and supportive environment
• offer a whole range of opportunities to develop further colleagues’ teaching skills and leadership potential
• are creative and innovative in our approach to all aspects of school life
• are well resourced and ICT rich
• are committed to continuous improvement
It is a very exciting time to join our Academy and we are looking for a highly motivated, skilled and creative individual to join a committed team of subject specialists.
In our recent February 2020 Ofsted inspection, our All-through Academy was recognised as ‘Good’ across all categories. The Ofsted Report states that:
‘This is a school for everyone. Staff work hard to support pupils who are new to the school or who have particular needs.
Pupils respect different cultures and traditions and get along well with each other. Pupils, particularly in the primary phase, display a good level of independence for their age. Leaders know their school very well. They use research to help it to improve. Leaders check carefully on the impact of their decisions. Significant changes to the sixth form have led to students learning well. In the secondary phase, strong subject leadership is improving pupils’ achievement.’
We can offer you:
● Enthusiastic, well behaved learners who engage positively with school life
● Hard-working, motivated and engaged staff and governors, who care deeply about the outcomes for children and young people
● A culture of support for all staff
● MAT-wide continued professional development opportunities to enable practical and research-based school improvement initiatives. This includes a whole range of opportunities to further develop colleagues’ teaching skills and leadership potential, including a Supportive NQT Induction Process & Policy, Career Pledge for Teachers to support at
each stage of career, paid opportunities to upskill via apprenticeship levy (right up to master’s level).
● High level of support, coaching and friendship from the CEO/Head Teacher group
● A creative and innovative in our approach to all aspects of school life
● Motivated, vibrant, multi-ethnic students and staff
● A strong family ethos where individuals are respected and valued
● Access to a generous pension scheme
● On-site parking
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
If you can demonstrate that you possess the necessary experience, knowledge and qualifications and aspire to our vision and values then we would like to hear from you.
Closing Date: 15 June 2021, 9am
Further information about the school, the post and how to apply can be found on our school website or alternatively complete the online application form.
Unfortunately, we cannot allow any visits the school prior to submitting your application, but if you have any questions please contact Miss Emma Pugh, Head of The Arts Faculty: email@example.com
Packs are available to download from the E-Teach website or by request from: firstname.lastname@example.org
Completed application forms in Word format should be emailed to: email@example.com
(NB CV’s will not be accepted)
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.
Applicants please note: This post is not part of the City Council and the successful candidate will not hold a Birmingham City Council Contract of Employment. Please use the contact details in the advert for information on actual employment conditions.