Things are happening and changing at pace here at Sandwell Children’s Trust. There’s lots going on, we have a great story to tell and we’re eager to build on the momentum we’ve achieved so far. Our vision and purpose are clear- to do whatever it takes for children to remain safely with their families by enacting what is at the heart of our practice- forming positive, trusting relationships with families, understanding the families strengths as well as the root causes of their problems, and making sure our help has the impact needed to improve children’s lives.
In Sandwell, we’ve invested significantly in a model which focuses on continuous learning, reflection and practice improvement, so that we can create the best environment for Social Work to flourish, working together at all levels in a supportive team environment. That’s why we are developing our new Practice Development Hub and our new Advanced Practitioners roles are a key element of it. With Advanced Practitioners across all areas of our operational services, they will work with Social Work teams across the Trust, ensuring a constant focus on practice quality and achieving the best possible outcomes for children and families in Sandwell.
As an Advanced Practitioner you will be have excellent knowledge of legislation and practice standards. You will also be skilled in working alongside practitioners, engaging and communicating effectively with our Social Workers, offering effective support, guidance and appropriate challenge. You will support our Social Workers, working jointly with them when needed, especially where needs and risks within families are complex. We are also keen for you to develop expertise in specialist areas of practice as well as help to share and model good practice. You will play a key role in supporting our Students and Newly Qualified Social Workers (NQSWs) through their ASYE programme, supporting their progression, also maintaining close links to our ASYE Academy and Practice Development Hub.
Covering the 6 towns of Oldbury, Rowley Regis, Smethwick, Tipton, Wednesbury and West Bromwich, Sandwell stands out because of our compact size and our ability to develop a strong family feel- something that our colleagues really embrace. We are keen to build our Sandwell Family further so if you share our values and want to be part of the Sandwell Family and develop your career, we want to hear from you.
There’s no doubt these roles are exciting and challenging. So in return, we’ve created a platform to build an exceptional ‘offer’ to everyone that joins us- our 12 reasons to work in Sandwell Children’s Trust. This is a flexible framework that enables us to think about the way we recognise, reward and support you. Just visit our website and search under benefits to see the full information. We also have a clear and excellent career progression framework with more opportunities, as well as offering agile working, with flexible and family friendly policies. There are lots more benefits, as you can see below:
The role is flexible.
- Balance your life and work with our family friendly policies
- Flexible working patterns that suit you
- Great technology to keep you connected
- Join a truly agile workforce
- Competitive salary with excellent benefits package
- Up to £6500 relocation package
- £1500 refer a friend scheme
- Your SWE Registration paid for
- £2,500 market supplement if you work within care management
And we’ll support you.
- 15 days per year professional development
- High quality induction and appraisals
- Investment in reflective group supervision and supportive individual supervision
- Comprehensive training offer, including subscriptions to Community Care Inform (CCI) and Research in Practice (RiP)
- Nationally recognised Trauma informed Practice (TiP) training with Dr Karen Triesman
- Cultural Sensitivity sessions with Dr Prospera Tedam
- Clear and supported career progression
- We ‘grow our own’ here in Sandwell
- Leadership that truly knows the organisation… and cares about you.
So, if you think your future could lie in Sandwell, then we’d love to hear from you.
To apply, simply send us your CV, together with a 500 word statement outlining how you meet the requirements for this role, & we’ll be in touch.
Closing date - 13th June 2021
Interviews to be held 21st, 22nd 28th, 29th June
Sandwell Children's Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable groups including children, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An Enhanced DBS is required for this position and registration with Social Work England.
Job description & person specification