Adult & Community Learning Tutor
ACL Tutor teaching hours per week are variable, depending on subject demand and your availability.
Hourly Rate: £22.41 - £24.41 (plus planning and prep allowance)
The Adult & Community Learning Team provides learning opportunities to adults aged 19+ who live in the Telford area and targets adults who are unemployed, low skilled or disadvantaged. We were judged as a good provider with outstanding features by Ofsted at our last inspection and we strive to provide outstanding learning opportunities to our local communities.
We work hard to help learners progress into further learning or employment when they complete our programmes and use a wide range of partners to support this. The courses that we provide are funded by the Skills Funding Agency or Advanced Learner Loans and we offer a broad and innovative curriculum.
If you are a qualified and experienced teaching and learning professional who shares our commitment and enthusiasm for supporting adults to build their skills,confidence or find work, we would be interested to hear from you.
We are looking for qualified tutors to support our delivery across community learning and family learning, but in particular tutors who are experienced in the planning, teaching and assessment of:
• Functional skills and Adult bite sized English and Maths qualifications from E1 to L2
• A wide range of employability and enterprise skills
• Essential Digital Skills qualifications and ICT
• Wellbeing and self-development
• Craft and Enterprise in Craft
You will need to be able to research, plan, deliver using stimulating teaching strategies and assess learning using an appropriate range of teaching and assessment methods to groups of learners in local community venues and school settings. Planning must be responsive to learner needs, syllabus of awarding organisations and/or other intent.
You will need to have:
• A recognised teaching qualification at level 4 or above (Cert Ed, PCE/PGCE, DTLLS, CTLLS, L4 Cert in Education & Training, L5 Dip in Education & Training)
• Evidence of level 2 GCSE (A*-C) in English and mathematics or equivalent
• Experience of delivering accredited learning programmes
We are a small, friendly and supportive team and would love to hear from you if you share our passion for delivering high-quality learning that really makes a difference.
For an informal chat about the opportunities available please contact Gill Wiseman (email@example.com) on 01952 381064
Closing date: 7th July 2021
0900 Adult & Community Learning Tutor.pdf