Sustainable Communities and Places Officer
About us and the role:
Are you motivated by delivering benefits and improvements to the community and places where you live or work?
Do you want to work with partners from across the County on exciting projects that ‘make Warwickshire the best it can be’?
Are you a person who wants the responsibility for implementing activities that deliver benefits and improved outcomes across the county?
We have an exciting opportunity to join Warwickshire county Councils Sustainable Communities team. The team supports our Warwickshire towns, villages and places to thrive, to do this it focuses on environmental and economic sustainability, urban and rural infrastructure, social equity and stakeholder partnerships.
If you’re the kind of person who is prepared to get stuck in, who wants to do the best job possible, who approaches everything with passion and purpose, then this is the place for you. You’ll be able to apply your knowledge and expertise in a place that matters to people and communities.
We are looking for a dynamic, innovative, inclusive and self-motivated person who has a good track record of successfully working in supporting the local economy through placemaking and place shaping, with excellent interpersonal skills and experience in stakeholder engagement and management. You should have a positive and solution focused approach and be able to manage demands and conflicts in a calm professional manner.
If you share our vision and have the determination, enthusiasm and ability to create better evolving places that are fit for the future; we want to hear from you!
Key Skills and Experience Required:
- Customer focused and able to build strong relationships with senior stakeholders to maximise the benefits of working as 'one team'
- Understanding of placemaking, regeneration and economic development and significant experience of partnership working.
- Ability to develop plans and solutions through the introduction of original/ creative thinking or problem solving, and to influence others to assist implementation of solutions.
- Experience of business case development, including the creation of a broad, well-evidenced research base and a cohesive compelling narrative to influence decision-making.
- Experience of working with a commercial mindset in the public sector, to identify innovative opportunities that are in step with broader aims to support our Towns and Villages.
Why work in Warwickshire?
Warwickshire with its vibrant mix of towns and rural areas, heritage and culture and great connectivity remains one of the fastest growing commercial regions in the UK. The County Council’s vision is squarely aimed at making Warwickshire the best it can be, sustainable now and for future generations
Why work for us?
Working at the Council means your work impacts throughout Warwickshire. You will be able to apply your knowledge and expertise in a way that matters to communities and helps Warwickshire to succeed and thrive. We are a Council that has a history of success and we take pride in delivering our services effectively, efficiently and to the best of our ability. We challenge ourselves to innovate and keep pace with the changing world around us. It is an exciting time to be a part of Warwickshire County Council. We will provide you with the support to learn, develop, and encourage you to be the best you can be.
In return we offer our pledge to you:
- Excellent opportunities for personal development and career progression.
- A clear and transparent pay structure linked to career progression and professional development.
- Other great benefits include generous annual leave, including bank holiday allowances and an extra day.
- All this and the opportunity to work in Warwickshire with its excellent transport links and beautiful countryside makes for an excellent package.
If you are keen to be part of this ambitious and dynamic service, please contact:
Aaron Corsi Lead Commissioner – Sustainable Communities by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone on 01926 412963
Closing Date: Friday 25th June 2021
Interview: Week Commencing 12th July 2021
To apply for this vacancy please click on the 'Apply' button.
Our method of application is online, please note, CV’s should not be submitted unless asked to do so.
If you are unable to apply using the 'Apply' button please contact the Recruitment Centre on email@example.com including your contact details and any relevant screenshots.
You will be notified of our shortlisting decision via email, so please check your email on a regular basis after submitting your application.
As part of being a Disability Confident employer we guarantee to interview anyone with a disability whose application demonstrates that they meet the criteria for the post. This means the qualifications, skills or experience defined as essential in the person specification.
Should you require application forms in an alternative format / language or any adjustments to be made throughout the application process or upon appointment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will make every effort to meet your specific requirements.
Warwickshire County Council is committed to equality of opportunity for all staff. Would particularly welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons from the BAME community, people with a disability and people from the LGBT+ Community.