Teaching and Learning Assistant (Required from September 2021)
SCHOOL Glebe Academy
JOB TITLE Teaching and Learning Assistant (Required from September 2021)
GRADE Level 4 (Point 13-17) pro rata;
HOURS 27.75 hours per week
Term Time only
PATTERN Tuesday 8am-4pm; Wed/Thurs/Fri 8am – 3:15pm
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, highly skilled and well-motivated Teaching and Learning Assistant to join our hardworking and committed team. You will work with our teachers to support teaching and learning, providing specialist support to the teacher in an aspect of the curriculum, age range or additional needs.
The successful candidate should have NVQ Level 3 or equivalent who has a good working knowledge and experience of a range of primary ages.
- a passionate, dedicated individual with excellent communication skills
- the ability to work in a calm, caring but firm and supportive manner.
- a good sense of humour
- an ability to demonstrate good behaviour management skills.
- someone who works well within a team and can use their initiative to help pupils develop
Please complete the application form. In addition, we ask that you provide a written statement of no more than two sides of A4 detailing:
- how you feel your experience and qualities meet the person specification
- two examples of experience that demonstrate positive impact in your current or previous role(s)
- why you want to work in our academy, and the challenges and opportunities we face
If you would like further information or would like to book an out of school hours visit please contact Suzanne Oakes-Smith on firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 01782 234868. Further details and an application form are available from the school website. Application forms must be returned directly to the school at email@example.com
Glebe Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check, satisfactory references and medical clearance