Legal Executive/Solicitor/Barrister (Level 2) Litigation
Legal Executive/Solicitor/Barrister (Litigation) Level 2
Salary: £37,890 – 41,881 per annum
37 Hours per week – Permanent
A vacancy has arisen for a Legal Executive/Solicitor/Barrister to work within our busy team. The postholder will have conduct of a wide range of civil and criminal litigation cases and will give advice and provide advocacy services on the same, where necessary and appropriate to their experience. Typical work includes Trading Standards prosecutions, Debt Recovery; possession proceedings including recovery of land from itinerants, and education prosecutions & applications. However, the postholder should expect to deal with a very wide-range of litigation-related matters.
The post-holder will need a minimum of two years’ experience of criminal prosecutions, ideally in the areas noted above. Some knowledge of civil matters would be beneficial but is not essential.
The ideal candidate will also be an excellent communicator who is able to prioritise a varied workload. Self-organisation skills and an eye for detail will also by key.
Staffordshire County Council is an equal opportunities organisation and Disability Confident employer and as such wed offer a guaranteed interview to anyone with a disability whose application meets the minimum criteria for the post. We encourage applications from all background and communities.
For information about Staffordshire County Council please see below.
To apply for this post click on the ‘Apply’ button below which will redirect you to Staffordshire County Councils online application website where you will need to register an account. Please note, you are only able to view the Job Description and Person Specification on the WM Jobs board NOT via Staffordshire County Council's online application site. We collect personal information from you when you register with us to make an application and we will use this information to communicate with you generally and to assess your application. By clicking on the Apply button and submitting your application form, you are giving your consent to the processing of your personal data in the ways described Here
Should you also wish to have an informal conversation with team members please call Team Senior Donna Arrowsmith (01785 276179) or Team Leader Michelle Rowe (01785 854031).
If you experience any technical issues accessing or completing the application form please contact email@example.com
Closing Date: 4 July 2021
Working for Staffordshire County Council
Situated in the heart of the Midlands with fantastic transport links, Staffordshire County Council is a progressive and forward-thinking authority. It has committed to a vision of supporting a county where big ambitions, great connections and greener living give everyone the opportunity to prosper, be healthy and happy. The Legal Services team supports every single function within the Council, and provides exciting opportunities for lawyers to grow and develop their skills.
The County Council has adopted a set of values that seeks to achieve the best outcomes for its citizens, communities and employees.
Our People Strategy sets out what we all need to do to make Staffordshire County Council a great place to work, where people are supported to develop, flourish and contribute to our ambitious plans.
Our values are at the heart of the Strategy to ensure that the focus is on what is important to the organisation and the people it serves:
- Ambitious - We are ambitious for our communities and citizens
- Courageous - We recognise our challenges and are prepared to make courageous decisions
- Empowering - We empower and support our people by giving them the opportunity to do their jobs well.
We recognise that it is our employees that are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive working environment where employees can achieve their full potential and achieve a healthy work-life balance.
In addition to your salary, as a member of staff, you will have access to a range of benefits including:
- An excellent local government pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement from 24 up to 33 days (plus 2 extra statutory days and bank holidays) depending on job role and length of service
- The option to buy up to an additional 2 weeks annual leave
- A range of flexible working options, depending on your job role, which includes agile working, flexible retirement
- Family Friendly Policies - maternity, adoption, paternity and parental leave
- Volunteering Scheme
- Training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring
- Access to health and wellbeing support (including Occupational Health, Physiotherapy and Counselling Services)
- Eye care vouchers
- Car lease scheme / cycle & car loan scheme / employee car share scheme
- Bus and rail travel discounts