35.0 Hours per Week
Fixed term contract for one year.
Office Junior Vacancy
Aylesford School and Sixth Form College is a forward thinking and exciting educational environment. We pride ourselves on our commitment to our students and our community.
We are seeking to appoint a friendly, motivated individual to join our general office team. The successful candidate will work within the general office team predominantly in reprographics, however, will also be required on an ad-hoc basis to support student services, and reception.
The successful candidate will be helpful and proactive with a willingness to learn and work flexibly to meet the needs of the team, you must also be willing to undertake a first aid qualification.
Hours: 35 hours per week, Monday to Friday: 8.15am – 3.45pm, which includes a 30 minute lunch break, term time only (39 weeks per annum)
Salary Scale: Grade B, (Points 2-3) which equates to £ £14,677.88 per annum
Specific Duties and Responsibilities – Full Training will be provided
- Coordinate the school reprographics office providing high quality printed material within an agreed timescale to school staff
- Print (including necessary preparation) letters, reports, booklets, examination papers, office forms, agendas and minutes
- Collate and staple the above, where necessary
- Distribution of documents and materials within the school
- Laminate and photocopy as requested
- Maintain paper supplies by anticipating needs and ordering as required
- Calculate, record and collate departmental and admin charges for all reprographics tasks to include both printing on the reprographics MFD (multi-function device) machines and printing to the staff work room MFD’s. Work alongside the Senior Administrative Officer to collate charges and to supply the charges overview to the Senior Administrative Officer for checking.
- Coordinate, prepare and produce the half-termly School Newsletter and update Gridmaker working alongside the Senior Administrative Officer
Student Services Department
- Assist students with general queries, or issuing of timetable reprints or if they are feeling generally unwell
- Administer first aid for students
- Assist with lost property events
- Sign in/out students for medical appointments or arriving late etc.
- Assist in the recording of student absence and/or first day calling when required by the Senior Attendance Officer
- Acting as an emergency office runner, to deliver important or urgent messages to students or staff or to check on a student’s attendance
- Ensure the careful, confidential and secure handling and processing of information
- If and when required, cover the reception area including operating the switchboard & security doors/gates
- Deal with telephone calls and routine enquiries, providing general information about the school and its activities – in person, by phone and email, take messages
- Other general office duties when requested by the Senior Administrative Officer/Senior Attendance Officer
- Other Duties and Responsibilities - Clerical Support
- Support the work of the school office as necessary for good efficiency:-
- To be proficient in all ICT function to include Office outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Publisher. Training will be provided
- Complete general ICT tasks such as word processing, agendas, minutes, typing of letters and general correspondence
Please refer to the documents
Additional Information & How to Apply
Please email complete application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to:-
FAO Samantha Hughes, HR Officer & Headteacher's PA, Aylesford School & Sixth Form College, Tapping Way, Warwick, CV34 6XR
Contact Samantha Hughes, HR Officer & Headteacher's PA for any queries on email@example.com or telephone 01926 747100
Please note we do not accept CVs - candidates should download and complete the application form available below.
Closing date is 27 June 2021
Interviews will be week commencing 5 July 2021
Start Date:Thursday 2 September 2021
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.