Learning Support Practitioner with responsibility for Outdoor Learning- Hanbury Primary School
Do you want to make a real difference to the lives of our children? Do you want to work in a nurturing school, where we care about every child and member of staff? Are you passionate about children learning outdoors? If so, the children of Hanbury Primary School are looking for you!
We are seeking to appoint an experienced, enthusiastic and dedicated LSP, who will be responsible for outdoor learning across school. We are committed to developing our outdoor area, and the successful candidate would be part of this exciting journey at Hanbury. It would be an advantage to have Forest Schools Level 3 qualification. As part of this role, you would be expected to work outdoors, in all weathers. The role will require a high level of experience of working with children across the primary age range, including those with complex needs. Our school has a nurturing and inclusive ethos.
We can offer you:
• support from a very experienced, positive and supportive staff
• a supportive governing body, who wants the best for our children and value outdoor learning
• well-behaved and enthusiastic children
• training specifically targeted to your position in school
• a modern and well-resourced school building and outdoor environment
• line management from a TLR, who will lead outdoor learning
We are looking for a learning support practitioner responsible for outdoor learning who is:
• passionate about children learning outdoors
• willing to work outdoors in all weather
• highly motivated, enthusiastic and want to make a difference everyday
• patient, but firm with rules and boundaries
• well organised and able to use their own initiative
• able to develop positive, nurturing relationships with our children and families
• can work as a team and be flexible to meet the needs of the children and the school.
• able to work with colleagues and outside professionals
Please note candidates will be observed working with children as part of the recruitment process.
Completed application forms should be returned directly to the school
17.5 hours per week, fixed term contract until 31st July 2022
Band D SCP 9 - 17 £20,903 - £24,491 pro rata, Actual salary £8,783 to £10,336 per annum
Hanbury Primary School, Hanbury Road, West Bromwich B70 9NT
14th June at 9.00 a.m.