Nursery Assistant (term time only) - The Patch Day Nursery
Post: Nursery Assistant – term time only
Grade A (£17,842.00 - £18,198.00) pro-rata
Hours: 37 hours/week, 45.2 weeks per year plus 5 training days
Fixed Term subject to funding: 31st July 2023
Shift Basis: flexible between hours of 8:00 am and 5:30pm
The governors of Old Park Primary are seeking to appoint a highly motivated and passionate Nursery Assistant at the Patch Day Nursery who has the vision, skills and ability to care and provide excellent experiences for young children.
The post will be based in our busy high quality day nursery and out of school club working with children from 6 months to 11 Years.
The successful applicant will:
- Be required to have some Day Nursery experience of working with young children in a good or outstanding setting. ● Hold a level 2 or above recognised qualification in child care and education or equivalent.
- Have the ability to support the nursery management in providing high quality and effective day to day care and education for children by providing a caring and stimulating environment full of opportunities and experiences for the children and families to learn from and explore.
- Be able to work as part of a team of qualified and experienced Nursery Staff.
- Be required to be a key person to a group of children and families and have the ability and confidence to work alongside parents, carers and other professional’s e.g. health visitors and inclusion support.
- Have the ability to carry out observations and assessments on young children and make accurate judgements on each child’s development and measure progress.
- This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
The Patch Day Nursery is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As such this post is subject to a satisfactory Enhanced DBS check and references.
For further information and application pack, please email: email@example.com or telephone 0121 526 2669. We encourage potential applicants to visit the nursery before applying for the position please email firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment. You can also download an application pack via The Patch Nursery website: www.patchdaynursery.co.uk
Closing date and Shortlisting: Friday 25th June 2021
Interviews will be held: TBC
37 hours per week, term time plus 5 training days
Band A SCP 1 to 2, £15,851 to £16,168 per annum (£9.25 to £9.43 per hour plus a Living Wage supplement to £9.50 per hour, payable from 1 April 2021)
The Patch Day Nursery, Old Park Road, Wednesbury WS10 9LX
Friday 25th June 2021 Midday