6 days left
Premises Officer to start as soon as possible
The Academy Committee of St. John the Evangelist Catholic Academy wish to appoint a Premises Officer (Level 5) for 25 hours per week, whole year. Actual pay £13,570 - £14,988
To be responsible for the maintenance and security of the school premises and site, ensuring a safe environment.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
- Ensure that buildings and the site are secure, including during out of school hours and take remedial action if required
- Act as the designated key holder for the school premises
- Operate and regularly check systems such as heating, cooling, lighting and security (including CCTV and alarms)
- Undertake minor repairs (i.e. not requiring qualified craftsperson) and maintenance of the buildings and site
- Arrange emergency repairs
- Arrange regular maintenance and safety checks
- Oversee onsite maintenance contractors, checking that work is completed to required standards and within required timescales
- Monitor stock and order supplies
- Undertake general portage duties, including moving furniture and equipment within the school
- Perform duties in line with health and safety and COSHH regulations and take action where hazards are identified, report serious hazards to line manager immediately
- Undertake regular health and safety checks of buildings, grounds, fixtures and fittings, (including compliance with fire safety regulations) and equipment, in line with other schedules.
- Monitor the work of and manage cleaning and other site staff.
- Oversee and make decisions on all planned maintenance.
- Ensure the operation and maintenance of specialised equipment following training, for example sports/theatrical equipment
- Facilitate lettings and carry out associated tasks, in line with local agreements
- Handle small amounts of cash for the purchase of materials to carry out repairs.
- To drive the school minibus as and when requested. Full UK Driving License required.
- Any other duties appropriate to the post.
Minimum Essential Requirements - Evidenced by: a: application form b: test c: interview
a b c
Knowledge and expertise in minor maintenance and repair.
Working at or towards national occupational standards (NOS) for facilities management and knowledge / skills equivalent to current national qualifications level 3.
St. John the Evangelist Catholic Academy is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and young people and expects all its employees to share this commitment. This post is exempt under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and the successful applicant will be subject to an enhanced check by the Criminal Records Bureau. To comply with Asylum and Immigration legislation you will be required (if appointed) to provide one or more documents from the Immigration Act 2006 - List A and B. You must provide proof of current and valid permission to be in the United Kingdom and valid permission to do the type of work offered. Further information is available at: www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/employers/
For further details of this post, please contact Mrs S Walklet, Academy Manager email@example.com
Application forms are available via the school office or to download from the website.
Closing date for applications Monday 21st June 12pm