Commissioning Officer, Families & Communities
Salary: Grade 10 £37,890 - £41,881 per annum
37 Hours per week.
Temporary post for 12 months.
The Staffordshire & Stoke-on-Trent Integrated Care System (ICS) Children and Young Peoples’ (CYP) Programme are seeking a talented, enthusiastic and creative person to take on the role of Commissioning Officer.
- Integrating services for children and young people to develop and test models of care.
- Improving the quality of care for CYP with long term conditions like asthma, epilepsy, diabetes and complications from obesity.
- Including children and young people in programme development to ensure that services are designed to meet the needs of CYP.
The role will be employed by Staffordshire County Council and sit within the Health & Wellbeing Portfolio of the Families & Communities Commissioning Team. However, the role is required to work across the Staffordshire & Stoke-on-Trent Children’s ICS footprint and will therefore work across Staffordshire County Council, the Clinical Commissioning Groups and Stoke-on-Trent City Council.
You will be joining us at a very exciting time as we enter a period of significant change with the development of ICSs. ICSs signal a renewed ambition for how we can ensure greater collaboration between partners in health & care systems to improve health outcomes for their population/s.
We are looking for a person who can help us to work together as system partners across Staffordshire & Stoke-on-Trent and to help shape and drive future commissioning and delivery to meet our joint priorities in regard to health, education and social care outcomes for children & young people.
You will be required to understand the commissioning approach & environment and the ability to develop positive and productive relationships with people from a number of different organisations. If you are keen to be involved and have the ability to be innovative, flexible and visionary in outlook we want you to hear from you.
INTERNAL EMPLOYEES. If you are applying for this post on a secondment basis you should secure the approval of your manager before applying.
To apply for this post click on the ‘Apply’ button below.
By clicking on the apply button you will be redirected to Staffordshire County Councils online application website. Please note, you are only able to view the Job Description and Person Specification on the WM Jobs board NOT via Staffordshire County Council's online application site.
To submit your application you will need to register an account on the website (NB this is a separate login to WM Jobs).
We collect personal information from you when you register with us to make an application. Information we collect includes name, email address and other contact details. We will use this information to communicate with you generally and to assess your application.
By clicking on the Apply button and submitting your application form, you are giving your consent to the processing of your personal data in the ways described Here
If you experience any technical issues accessing or completing the application form please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 20th June 2021
Interview Date: To be confirmed
For more information about the role please contact:
Senior Commissioning Manager (Children & Families Health & Wellbeing)
Staffordshire County Council
email@example.com or tel 07581 025413
Please be aware, only application forms completed online will be accepted. We will not accept CV’s or Word application forms.
This Authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people/vulnerable adults and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
The County Council has adopted a set of values that seeks to achieve the best outcomes for its citizens, communities and employees.
Our People Strategy sets out what we all need to do to make Staffordshire County Council a great place to work, where people are supported to develop, flourish and contribute to our ambitious plans.
Our values are at the heart of the Strategy to ensure that the focus is on what is important to the organisation and the people it serves:
- Ambitious - We are ambitious for our communities and citizens
- Courageous - We recognise our challenges and are prepared to make courageous decisions
- Empowering - We empower and support our people by giving them the opportunity to do their jobs well.
Benefits for working for us….
We recognise that it is our employees that are central to everything we do. We aim to create a supportive working environment where employees can achieve their full potential and achieve a healthy work-life balance.
In addition to your salary, as a member of staff, you will have access to a range of benefits including:
- An excellent local government pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement from 24 up to 33 days (plus 2 extra statutory days and bank holidays) depending on job role and length of service
- The option to buy up to an additional 2 weeks annual leave
- A range of flexible working options, depending on your job role, which includes agile working, flexible retirement
- Family Friendly Policies - maternity, adoption, paternity and parental leave
- Volunteering Scheme
- Training and development opportunities, including coaching and mentoring
- Access to health and wellbeing support (including Occupational Health, Physiotherapy and Counselling Services)
- Eye care vouchers
- Car lease scheme / cycle & car loan scheme / employee car share scheme
- Bus and rail travel discounts