School Business Manager- ref TV14421
6 days left
Salisbury Primary School
Salisbury Street, Darlaston. Walsall WS10 8BQ
Telephone: 0121 667 4066
School Business Manager- ref TV14421
Salary: Grade 8 (pts 26 - 31) - £26,424.39 to £30,135.83
(this the pro-rata grade for 39 weeks working 37 hrs a week).
37 hours per week- Term-time only
Start dare: ASAP
Due to the promotion of the past School Business Manager, Salisbury Primary School is looking to appoint for an immediate start.
Salisbury Primary is a ‘Good’ school (Ofsted 2019) and we are one of the best schools in Walsall for progress outcomes for KS1 & KS2 data which we are very proud of. The governors of our school are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and skilled individual who is experienced in school finance to join our team of dedicated staff and wonderful children.
It is a great opportunity to work with forward thinking staff and be part of a passionate enthusiastic team. We are an inspirational and creative curriculum school and we are building the foundations for happy and successful life-long learners. Salisbury Primary School is a values based, inclusive school at the heart of a culturally diverse community.
As School Business Manager you will:
- work with the senior team to assist the head teacher in ensuring the school meets its educational aims,
- promote the highest standards of business ethos within the administrative function of the school and ensure the most effective use of resources in support of the school’s learning objectives
We are looking for you to:
- Have the SMB or equivalent or have a Level 4 plus 3 years of school experience.
- Line managing support staff and playing a key role in leading, training and motivating.
- Budget planning and setting and providing advice and guidance on financial related matters.
- Providing organisational and complex advisory support to the Headteacher and governing body on all aspects of school business management with occasional requirements to work outside of normal office hours.
- Implementing Health & Safety legislation in the school.
- General personnel matters.
- Producing detailed reports, analysing and responding to complex correspondence.
We can offer you:
• A rich and diverse community;
• Strong and supportive cluster school links;
• Children who enjoy learning who are eager, responsive and well-behaved and are supported by a community who are committed to their success;
• Dedicated staff who are committed to the wellbeing of our children;
• A leadership team focused on school improvement;
• A supportive governing body and team of wonderfully supportive staff;
• Continued professional development to achieve your ambitions and to further your career.
- Level 4 qualification relevant to the position, and in addition to the qualification at least 3 years’ experience in a similar field, or
- Level 5 qualification in School Business Management.
If you have drive and enthusiasm, we look forward to hearing from you.
Informal, socially distanced walks around school are arranged for:
10th June 2021 – 4 pm
17th June 2021 – 9 am
Please call the office to book a visit.
How to apply
Please download the application form from our school website: www.salisbury.walsall.sch.uk
or email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack.
Completed application forms should be returned via email to the school.
Closing date: Friday 25th June 2021
Interview Date: TBC
Salisbury Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employment is subject to a satisfactory enhanced disclosure form the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).