Family Support Worker (School Based)
30.0 Hours per Week
Fixed term contract to 31 August 2021.
Start date: 1st September 2021.
Due to an exciting two year initiative with Coventry DBE we are looking to appoint a passionate Family Support Worker to work closely with our teaching and pastoral staff to help support the families of our thriving community. Information on the ‘Beacon Project’ can be found here: https://coventrydbe.org/resources/the-beacon-information-about-the-pilot-project/
The successful candidate will work closely with the Head of School at Wellesbourne CE School, the SENDCo and other designated safeguarding staff in supporting our families.
The member of staff will be employed to work 30 hours a week over 40 weeks per year – a total of 1200 hours in the year. The school will set the daily work pattern. The contract is 0.73 FTE. The actual salary for the Children and Families Worker in year 1 is £15,259.10 and in year 2 £15,564.40.
The key skills, among others, the successful candidate will have are:
- An appropriate qualification
- Knowledge and experience of direct work with families who have complex needs/ and understanding of the Troubled Families’ remit
- Knowledge of the roles and responsibilities of statutory and voluntary services and experiences of liaising with them
- Understanding of Keeping Children Safe in Education and safeguarding practice for children and vulnerable adults.
- Experience of working with people in their homes
Additional Information & How to Apply
Visits to the school are welcome by appointment. Please call the Main Office on 01789 840311 to arrange.
- Applications should be submitted for the attention of the Executive Head of the Fosse Multi Academy Trust by Wednesday 23rd June 2021
- Interviews will be on Thursday 1st July 2021
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.