Accommodation Finding Assistant
2 days left
37.0 Hours per Week
Solihull Community Housing is seeking an enthusiastic person to join our busy Housing Options Service as an Accommodation Finding Assistant. This is an exciting, new 12 month role based within our Solihome team.
The successful post holder will be required to work closely with exempt providers and private landlords to negotiate and secure suitable, affordable accommodation that can be used to:
- Prevent and relieve homelessness
- Prevent and reduce stays in temporary accommodation
You will be responsible for the following duties:
- Work closely with exempt providers and landlords to secure suitable properties to meet customer housing need
- Work closely with partner agencies, including homelessness outreach providers, to support customers and maximise positive outcomes
- Supporting customers to remain in their properties through appropriate referrals and support e.g. DHP assistance, debt advice, budgeting
The ideal candidate will have experience of working in a customer facing environment, with people who have various needs. You will have experience of working with partner agencies and you will have strong communication and negotiation skills. We are particularly interested in hearing from those who have an understanding or experience working within homelessness, private rented sector housing or welfare benefits.
To apply, please click on the link below. If you have a specific question or require further information regarding this post, please contact Paul Winwood, Team Leader, on 07901 221538.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
The Fluency Duty is outlined in the Code of Practice on the English language requirements for public sector workers. The Fluency Duty for this role is Not Required .
Solihull Community Housing is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees - a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit.
Solihull Community Housing is committed to safeguarding and protecting children, young people and adults at risk and to promoting their welfare and requires all employees and volunteers share this commitment.
Job Description & Person Specification