Specialist SEND Teaching Assistant Level 2
37.0 Hours per Week
Welford on Avon Primary School is a successful one form entry school providing high quality teaching in an innovative, safe and secure learning environment We develop and maintain strong, supportive and effective partnerships with parents, as well as the local and wider community. At Welford we encourage a culture of respect and kindness, through the values we promote with emotional and mental wellbeing being central to the needs of our members.
Our Resource classroom recognises each child’s individuality, their efforts and achievements and is an extension to our already inclusive school; providing opportunities for pupils to flourish when provided with the right learning environment.
You will have the opportunity to develop your role in a rich learning environment
Welford on Avon Primary School have a fantastic opportunity to appoint an experienced Level 2 Teaching Assistant to work in our Resource Provision. The appointed candidate will work with the Resource Provision Team to educate up to 8 KS2 children who have Communication and Interaction Needs. The team will provide a nurturing environment designed to allow pupils to develop as competent and independent learners.
It is essential that you have;
- SEND Teaching assistant experience, team teach training would be desirable
- strong behaviour management skills are a must.
- team working skills to liaise with other teachers, teaching assistants, and other professionals such as speech and language therapists and Educational Psychologists.
- committed to working with pupils with special educational needs
- excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- the ability to build good relationships based on trust with pupils and their families
- exceptional and consistent behaviour management skills
- flexibility and reliability - it's important to be able to respond to the needs of the children and adapt or change plans accordingly
- a high level of commitment to the pupils in your care
- a positive, energetic and enthusiastic outlook
- patience, understanding and empathy with pupils and parents
Additional Information & How to Apply
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged and highly recommended. All visits will follow COVID19 guidelines for schools. Mrs Leeman, our Headteacher, looks forward to meeting prospective applicants to share more details and show applicants around the school.
Closing date: 11 June 2021
The School is committed to the promotion of equal opportunities and diversity. It is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff, parents and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to apply for an enhanced DBS check.