Community Mental Health Support Worker
1 day left
Adult Social Care is part of the People Directorate within Coventry City Council. We have a simple vision and strategy that defines what we are trying to achieve, our purpose and our approach which underpin the principles of Adult Social Care, and we continue to work in support of this.
In a simple sense all our work, at whatever level should continue to support the strategy of: ‘Providing support, in the least intrusive manner possible, based on the assets, resources and abilities that are available to people’.
Adult Social Care encompasses a wide range of vital services covering;
- Commissioning Team – we commission and work with a number of providers, to ensure that people with care needs have access to a range of good quality support to enable them to live independent and fulfilling lives
- Social Work Services - we work with individuals who have care and support needs, and with their carers be they older or younger adults
- Occupational Therapy and Equipment Services - we aim to enhance people’s ability to live safely and independently in their home
- Internally Provided Services – we provide direct support to people enabling those in most need to live independent and fulfilled lives
- Business Systems and Continuous Improvement - we provide a range of services including Financial Assessments, provider payment processing and Business Systems administration. The Business Systems team provide support to Adult Social Care, Children’s Services and Education Services.
This is an exciting time to join us as we work to put adults and their carers at the heart of everything we do. Specifically, if you are social workers, occupational therapists or social care professionals who are committed to achieving the best outcomes for adults and their carers we will help you make a difference through manageable caseloads, high-quality professional support, supervision and guidance and excellent learning and development opportunitiesOur Values
It’s great to know that you are interested in working with us at Coventry City Council. As a prospective employee, it is important that everyone who works for us is committed to our One Coventry values and shares our commitment to becoming a more diverse and inclusive organisation.
Our Values are:
What is the job role?
A unique opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated individual to join statutory mental health services. You will be based at the Coventry Recovery Team at Swanswell Point near the city centre and will be supporting people with severe and enduring mental illness.
The service is fully multi-disciplinary with a range of highly experienced and skilled staff including Consultant Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Approved Mental Health Professionals, Community Mental Health Nurses, Occupational Therapists and Support Workers.
The Team is not area based and works with people across the whole of Coventry. The work includes:
- Outcome focussed individual assessment and recovery care plans
- Individualised Budgets and Direct Payments.
- Safeguarding alerts and investigations.
- Accessing community and universal services
- Positive risk-taking and management
- Support for carers
- Assessments under the Mental Health Act and Mental Capacity Act
As a Community Care Worker, you will be directly involved in Assessments and Reviews of people in receipt of community care and the assessments and reviews of Carers under the Care Act. You will have the opportunity to experience and partake in the full range of training available to the team and dedicated professional development forums. You will be working under the guidance of professionally qualified staff and will have individual supervision and career development sessions.
For an informal discussion regarding this post, please contact: Neil Emsden on 024 7696 1242 or email: email@example.com
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
Who are we looking for?
The work is stimulating, demanding, often challenging but highly rewarding. You will be committed to working as part of a very experienced and supportive team. You will be highly motivated and willing to learn, able to adapt to changing situations and meet deadlines. This is an excellent opportunity for suitably skilled and experienced individuals to join the Teams and enhance the quality of care for the citizens of Coventry.
For full details on the application process please read the attached document on our jobs page labelled 'Coventry City Council Application Process'
Interview dates: 7th and 8th July 2021Introduction to Coventry City Council
Coventry is a lively, multicultural city, which embraces old and new. Around the modern city centre there are traces of history everywhere – in the old city walls, the timber-framed buildings and the reconstructed medieval Spon Street. But Coventry has always had an eye on the future, and is now firmly focused on regenerating and re-inventing itself to meet the challenges of the 21st Century. With major developments and new projects taking place right across the city, Coventry City Council is the place to be!
There's a huge buzz about the city – Coventry ranks as the 8th best city to live, work and do business in the UK, and is the UK City of Culture 2021 ! We believe this will help put Coventry on the map for all the right reasons. You can feel the sense of local pride throughout the city as we build towards this momentous year. It also offers a unique, once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to those joining us to play their part in it.
We genuinely believe that Coventry City Council is a special place. You will be joining Coventry City Council during an exciting time to become part of a team that contribute to achieving our visions for the city. We have made our council a place where we look after our people, making sure you're happy in your work and given everything you need to succeed. We've created friendly, welcoming workplaces where everyone is working towards the same cause, providing the best possible services for the city of Coventry.
As a Council with improvement at its heart, we’re committed to making life better for the people who live and work in Coventry. We’re equally concerned with the quality of life enjoyed by our people, so by joining us, you won’t just be helping the community, you’ll be helping yourself too.
Not only do you get to work alongside great people that are helping to improve services for our community we offer great benefits too! For your valued contribution we will provide a fantastic benefits package including;
- Flexible working arrangements
- Generous annual leave allowance starting at 27 days and rising to 32 days
- Pay progression through multiple increments
- Outstanding local government pension scheme
- Learning & Development with access to certified courses.
- Access to an award winning Occupational Health Team
- Vibrant employee networks