Anti-Social Behaviour Coordinator
Team: Trading Standards & Environmental Compliance Team
37 Hours Per Week.
2 Year Fixed Term Contract
We have an excellent opportunity for an Anti-Social Behaviour Coordinator to join our busy professional team.
You will be joining us, not only at an exciting time for the development of this Service but also at an exciting time for the Borough, as it looks forward to hosting events at the 2022 Commonwealth Games and to the arrival of HS2.
As the Anti-Social Behaviour Coordinator, we are offering a unique opportunity to work across our socially and economically diverse Borough, delivering an effective enforcement response to anti-social behaviour for our communities. You will provide advice and guidance on anti-social behaviour, carry out investigations and coordinate problem solving interventions.
To be successful in this role you will:
- hold a degree in Community Safety or a related subject, or, have extensive training and experience in the world of community safety and ASB;
- have experience of applying the anti-social behaviour components of the Anti-social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act and related legislation;
- have an in depth knowledge of current practices and techniques used in securing compliance with anti-social behaviour law; and,
- have experience of developing and maintaining effective partnership working.
In return we offer you the opportunity to join our friendly and highly motivated team and contribute in a very real way to the wellbeing of our residents. We also offer:
- Flexible working, including flexi leave up to 24 days per year and agile working arrangements
- Generous annual leave entitlements with opportunity to buy up to 10 days additional leave per year
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme – a 24 hour independent, free and confidential advice and support service
- Family and carer friendly policies
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme
- Employee benefits including subsidised travel passes, Cycle 2 Work Scheme and a staff discount card.
There will be a requirement to work occasional evenings and weekends.
Interviews will be held on 6/7 July 2021 and will take place using a secure video conferencing platform.
To apply, please click on the link below. If you have a specific question regarding this post, please contact Richard Staveley, Trading Standards & Environment Manager, on 0121 704 8124.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
This post will require Police vetting.
This post is covered by the Fluency Duty, as outlined in the Code of Practice on the English language requirements for public sector workers.
Solihull Council is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees - a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit.
Solihull Council has a responsibility for, and is committed to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk, and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Job Description and Person Specification