The Living Independently Team (North) requires 2 Full Time Social Workers .
Hours: 37 per week
Salary: Grade 8
- To work with vulnerable adults to assess their needs and develop support plans to achieve an optimum level of independence, enabling them to develop and maintain relationships and be valued members of their community, taking a strengths - based approach .
- This will be achieved by working in conjunction with other professionals and family members, and by putting the person at the heart of the planning process in ways that are inclusive, anti-discriminatory and anti-oppressive.
- To provide social work interventions aimed at safeguarding vulnerable adults from abuse, neglect and/or exploitation.
We can offer:-
- Excellent management support
- Manageable workloads
- Regular supervision
- Opportunities to develop skills and training
- Flexible working conditions
Newly qualified social workers in the first year of employment will receive consistent support throughout the year in line with Dudley Supervision Policy. They will have a restricted workload to enable time for professional development. All other roles and responsibilities will be the same as for a social worker.
For further information please contact Muz Peano, Team Manager - 01384 815419 muz.peano@Dudley.gov.uk or Delani Dube, Assistant Team Manager - 01384 816604 firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the wellbeing of the adults; therefore the post is subject to medical clearance and an enhanced DBS check.
NB: We reserve the right to close vacancies before the advertised date if a large number of applications have been received.
Online application forms will only be accepted for this vacancy, online facilities for jobs are available at public libraries within Dudley Borough.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application please contact HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk
If you are experiencing a problem whilst applying for a position, please follow the below to the WM Jobs Help page in the first instance; http://www.wmjobs.co.uk/staticpages/20563/help/
If the WM Jobs Help Page does not resolve your issue then please contact Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk
Dudley Council will check the information that you have provided against any details already held for accuracy and completeness. The Council will check, share and cross match your information both internally within the Council and with external organisations to protect public funds and prevent or detect crime, only where the law allows us to do so. The Council’s full Privacy and Disclaimer Statement can be accessed on the website at http://www.dudley.gov.uk/