Willow Gardens is the new 90 Apartment Extra Care scheme located at the Junction of Harvest Road and Moor Lane in Rowley Regis.
The development itself will accommodate a mixture of one and two bedroomed apartments providing housing for those aged 55 and older who need additional support to live in their own homes, it will be staffed 24 hours a day to provide support for residents.
Estate Services are responsible for providing a variety of cleansing functions contributing to the safety and appearance of this development.
You will be required to undertake the cleaning functions to all communal facilities within Willow Gardens such as staff office and welfare facilities, communal dining area, communal lounges, toilet & assisted bathing facilities, lifts, entrance lobby, exit doors, stairs and landing etc.
Duties will include:
- To be part of a Borough-wide Cleaning Service, providing a variety of cleaning tasks to communal areas within Willow Gardens communal facilities and employee welfare facilities.
- To work individually or as part of a multiple disciplinary Borough-wide Cleaning Team to carry out a range of internal and external cleaning tasks, including infection control, dusting, suction cleaning, mopping, internal and external sweeping, use of scrubber drier, wiping down walls, cleaning windows and frames and entry, internal doors, lifts etc as identified by the Estate Services Managers and/or Estate Services Supervisors.
You will be expected to demonstrate the ability to:
- Work anywhere within the Borough of Sandwell.
- Undertake duties using a variety of cleaning equipment with regards to safe methods of work. Including knowledge of Health and Safety and COSHH Regulations.
- Work as part of a team or on your own as required.
- Work with changing priorities and uncertainty.
The post holders must possess:
- Ability to read, write and perform basic mathematical calculations.
- A basic knowledge of cleaning techniques
This post requires a standard DBS check
Our Values; Trust, Unity and Progress make us unique, they define how we do things and are reflected in the way we behave. They are important to us, guiding and shaping our organisational culture. Our values are key to us achieving Sandwell’s Vision 2030 and also guide us when we recruit.
2 x 16 hours per week (4 hours per day Monday to Thursday (including bank holidays))
2 x 12 hours per week (4 hours per day Friday to Sunday (including weekend working and bank holidays))
This advert will close as soon as sufficient applications are received. Therefore, you are strongly advised to complete and return your application as soon as possible. When completing your application please refer to the supporting documents attached.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application, or have experienced a problem whilst applying for a position, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0121 569 3300 or via e-mail to: email@example.com