Boughton Leigh Infant School are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and dedicated Caretaker to join our team. This is a vital role integral to the smooth running of the school.
We require a person who will take pride in making our school a safe and secure environment for all our children and staff.
Please see information sheet and job description attached for more details.
The successful applicant will:
• Contribute to the ethos, aims and values of the school.
• Promote and safeguard the welfare of children you come into contact with
• Have a friendly yet professional & respectful approach which demonstrates support and shows
• Be committed to supporting and take responsibility for the effective day-to-day running of the
school site, including security, health & safety, condition checks etc.
• Be proactive in the carrying out and/or organising routine checks, e.g. fire/security alarm, water,
grounds, meter readings etc.
• Ideally have experience of general maintenance but at least be able to demonstrate good DIY skills.
• Have the ability to carry out general cleaning duties as required , leading and supporting the
• Be able to work on their own initiative in order to maximise use of the time and resources available
• Have basic computer skills (or a willingness to learn) in order to maintain site record logs
Ability to relate well to children & adults
• Confidentiality and honesty
• Organisational skills – able to plan and prioritise tasks, organise resources efficiently
• Available to unlock and lock the school at each end of the day
• Ability to work constructively as part of a team
Additional Information & How to Apply
Please apply via email to:
or in writing to:
Mrs W Griffiths
School Business Manager
Boughton Leigh Infant school
Rugby CV21 1LT
Closing date: 15/06/2021
Boughton Leigh Infant School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.