Blanford Mere Primary School is based in Kingswinford. We are a community school, with delightful children, supportive parents and a hard working team of staff and Governors who work closely together to ensure that children strive to achieve the very best that they can. Currently there are 285 pupils on roll and Ofsted judged us to be a ‘Good’ school in January 2018. Our peaceful, safe and spacious grounds offer opportunities for children to both learn and play.
We can offer you:
- A ‘Good’ school (Ofsted January 2018)
- A committed cleaning team
- A well maintained building
- Highly motivated staff and knowledgeable governors
- An ethos of valuing staff and their Professional Development
- Equipment to facilitate the role
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: Grade 4
Closing Date: 18th June 2021 at 12PM
Are you looking for a new opportunity in your career?
We are looking to appoint an effective, flexible and reliable Site Manager who is committed to working with the school community (Governors, Senior Leadership Team, Staff, Parents and children) to continue to improve our high standards of achievement.
We are interested in recruiting a permanent Site Manager, who has a proven track record of undertaking maintenance and repair work as well as liaising with external contractors.
We would like a Site Manager who:-
- Is reliable, committed to their role and has high expectations of themselves and others
- Is competent at basic building repairs and maintenance and grounds maintenance.
- Is flexible with regard to working hours.
- Has a proven record of a high level of attendance at work;
- Is honest; able to work effectively with little supervision; polite and courteous to members of the public; calm and patient when under pressure; co-operative with other employees, parents and visitors.
- Is able to show initiative and work proactively to ensure the smooth running of the site.
- Has reading, writing and numeracy skills sufficient to check time sheets, delivery notes, forms etc.
- Able to regularly handle/carry heavy items
The position is subject to an enhanced disclosure check. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
N.B. We reserve the right to close this vacancy prior to the advertised date should we receive a large number of applications.
Online application forms will only be accepted for this vacancy, online facilities for jobs are available at public libraries within the Dudley Borough.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application please contact the HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk
If you are experiencing a problem whilst applying for a position, please follow the link below to the WM Jobs Help Page in the first instance; https://www.wmjobs.co.uk/staticpages/20563/help/
If the WM Jobs Help Page does not resolve your issue then please contact the HR Resourcing Team via HR.Resourcing@dudley.gov.uk
Dudley Council will check the information that you have provided against any details already held for accuracy and completeness. The Council will check, share and cross match your information both internally within the council and with external organisations to protect public funds and prevent or detect crime, only where the law allows us to do so. The Council’s full Privacy and Disclaimer Statement can be accessed on the website at http://www.dudley.gov.uk/
Site Manager - Job Description / Person Spec.