Independent Reviewing Officer and Child Protection Conference Chair
Independent Review Officer/Child Protection Conference Chair
Grade 8 LGS £44,863 - £48,847
1 x Full time permanent role
If you are seeking to develop your career in Social Work or looking for a new opportunity this is an exciting time to join the City of Wolverhampton Council.
We are seeking to appoint a full time Independent Reviewing Officer/Child Protection Conference Chair. If children and young people are at the centre of everything you do, we want to hear from you.
As an Ofsted ‘Good’ rated service, we are committed to providing the best care and support to our Children and Families and our employees.
Our vision for the Children and Young People is:
- To develop respectful and empowering relationships with children, young people and families
- To ensure children are at the centre of everything we do
- High aspirations, high expectations
You will have:
- Dedication to working directly with children and families to ensure that their voices are heard, and their needs are met.
- Candidates must be a qualified Social Worker with at least five years post qualifying experience
- must have supervisory/management experience.
- a thorough knowledge of relevant legislation, experience of chairing complex meetings and a commitment to service user participation.
- Experience of managing multi-agency meetings
- Good written and oral communication skills including being able to analyse and evaluate information effectively and negotiate with colleagues
- A strong commitment to making a difference by ensuring the best outcomes for children and families
- Social Work England registration.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
As part of the interview process, candidates will be required to undertake:
o A panel interview (including presentation)
If you wish to discuss this post, please contact Sonia Mahay Service Manager at email@example.com
Formal panel interviews will be held on Friday 25 June 2021
For information on working in Social Care for City of Wolverhampton Council please go to:
You will be notified on the outcome of your application form as soon as possible after the closing date.
As you will be aware, due to COVID-19 we may be unable to meet with you in person, in which case arrangements will be made to undertake the recruitment process virtually. Further details will be sent out to shortlisted candidates after the closing date has passed.
City of Wolverhampton Council are committed to representing Wolverhampton’s diverse community and therefore strongly encourage applications from all applicants meeting the essential criteria. The council operates a guaranteed interview policy for disabled candidates, those who have previously been under our care and are over the age of 25 and veterans who have served in the military, where it is evidenced that the essential criteria of the post are met.
Our application system is anonymous, this means recruitment interview panel members will not receive details of your name or date of birth unless you are invited to attend an interview. We are not able to hide personal information from any attachments that you upload so we request that you remove your name, date of birth and any personal information from any supporting documentation. The shortlisting panel will receive your candidate pack in full (including any attachments) showing your candidate number. If you are invited to attend an interview, panel members will be provided with your name.
Closing Date – Sunday 20 June Midnight 2021