Safeguarding Assistant (Abbey Hill School & College)
1 day left
Safeguarding Assistant - 20 Hours per Week
Due to our continuing expansion, the governors are seeking to appoint an experienced, enthusiastic and committed Safeguarding Assistant to work as part of our safeguarding team. At Abbey Hill we have 308 pupils on roll (increasing to 352 in September) with a range of SEND including learning difficulties, communication & interaction difficulties and/or Autistic Spectrum Conditions.
Purpose of Job:
- To receive and coordinate referrals, arranging action and reviewing services for children and families
- Work alongside staff to identify and support the needs of vulnerable pupils and their families.
- To provide administrative support to the Designated Safeguarding Lead, ensuring records are accurate.
- To maintain a case load of safeguarding referrals, reviewing progress and providing feedback to the Safeguarding team.
- To work directly with children and their families in the community within their homes and at school in order to promote, strengthen and develop the role of parents in their child’s learning.
The successful applicant will have:
- Demonstrable experience of working effectively with vulnerable children/ young people in either education, social work, youth work or another related area of work
- Experience of managing child protection cases and investigations
- Extensive experience of working effectively with the parents /carers of children & young people
It is a requirement of the post that the successful applicant has the ability to work flexibly and attend evening and early morning on occasions.
If you are interested in applying please contact the school office for an application pack and more details 01782 882882 or firstname.lastname@example.org
More information on the school can be found on our website