Teaching Assistants (Abbey Hill School & College)
Pro-rata to Level 3,5 & 7
31 – 32.5 hours per week
Due to our continuing expansion, our governors are seeking to appoint experienced, enthusiastic and committed teaching assistants to work in a variety of roles with our children and young people. At Abbey Hill we have 308 pupils on roll (increasing to 352 in September) with a range of SEND including learning difficulties, communication & interaction difficulties and/or Autistic Spectrum Conditions. This is a wonderful opportunity for inspiring individuals with a good standard of Numeracy, Literacy & I.T.skills to work with our pupils to support their learning and personal and social development.
The successful candidates will:
- Support pupils within the classroom and as part of a small group
- Liaise with the class teacher and plan activities to meet the needs of the pupils
- Support the teacher in the development and implementation of Individual Education Plans
- Deliver targets from outside agencies -Speech and Language/Occupational Health
- Use assessment procedures to track progress and monitor next steps in learning
- Liaise with parents and outside agencies
- Work as part of a committed and friendly team
Ideally the successful candidates will be willing to deliver first aid (following training).
If you have an NVQ level 2 -3 in child-care (or equivalent) and are committed to providing the very best learning experience for our children and young people, we would like to hear from you.
If you are interested in applying please contact the school office for an application pack and more details about the vacancies by phone 01782 882882 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org Please note that school is closed until Monday 5th June however we will be responding to email requests for an application pack.
More information on the school can be found on our website https://www.abbeyhillschool.co.uk/