Social Care Lead Officer
We currently have a full time Adults Social Care Lead Officer vacancy for the West Bromwich Community Social Work Team.
We are looking for a committed and hardworking qualified full time Social Worker with Adults Social Work management experience to work as a Social Care Lead Officer to bring your knowledge, skills and attributes to lead a team of qualified and unqualified staff to make a difference to the lives of the people of Sandwell.
You will need to be motivated and flexible with high professional standards and sound knowledge and experience of current legislation and practice including the Care Act 2014, Safeguarding, Continuing Healthcare, Community DOLS/LPS and Mental Capacity Act 2005 and Mental Health Act. You will be expected to support your staff to work with vulnerable adults with mental health issues, learning disability, physical disability and older people. You will be expected to work with a diverse group of individuals and partner agencies.
Key features of this role:
- Managing the day to day operational business of the team
- Ensuring the successful delivery of team and service objectives
- Managing expectations in terms of the Care Act, Mental Capacity Act, statutory safeguarding duties and corporate policies
- Driving the improvement and performance frameworks, with regular staff supervision
- Implement, monitor and review the use of Prevention and Re-ablement services and the use of community offers
- Degree in Social Work, Dip SW, CQSW or equivalent
- Social Work England Registration
- 2 years post qualifying experience
- 1 year minimum experience within a supervisory role within adults services.
- An enhanced DBS check
Teams are currently home working, mainly in the team’s area, but with some work across the area of Wednesbury/West Bromwich and, at times, over our borders.
Our Values; Trust, Unity and Progress make us unique, they define how we do things and are reflected in the way we behave. They are important to us, guiding and shaping our organisational culture. Our values are key to us achieving Sandwell’s Vision 2030 and also guide us when we recruit.
37 hours per week
This advert will close as soon as sufficient applications are received. Therefore, you are strongly advised to complete and return your application as soon as possible. When completing your application please refer to the supporting documents attached.
If you have a disability and require assistance in making an application, or have experienced a problem whilst applying for a position, please contact the Resourcing Team on 0121 569 3300 or via e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org