Learning Support Practitioner L3 - Moorlands Primary School
Required: September 2021
Fixed term until 31.08.2022
Moorlands Primary School is a Foundation Primary School with pupils ranging from 4 to 11 years of age. The school is situated close to the Wednesbury /West Bromwich boundary.
The school was built in 1960 with seven classrooms in the main building, a multi-purpose hall and a school kitchen. The school also has its own enclosed but extensive playing fields with a variety of outdoor learning resources.
Moorlands Primary School's Vision
We place values education and communication at the heart of our curriculum; we nurture every child on their learning journey to become successful members of the community.
Our vision is to be an inspiring school which has a significant role in our pupils developing into children who are academically and emotionally ready to maximise their learning and become effective citizens of a culturally enriched community.
Steps to achieving the vision:
- Evolving teaching practices which deliver new ways of learning to deliver the curriculum
- Readiness for the digital age / world
- Building of resilience
- Happy and successful children
- Making mistakes is recognised as a stepping stone to being successful
- Holistic approaches across the school to help develop children’s knowledge, skills and strategies to cope emotionally with the modern day challenges
- A passion for reading which excites and develops children’s imagination
- Through the values ethos across the school, children develop as responsible citizens
- Embracing the culturally diverse community and celebrating differences
‘Anything is Possible!”
These words reflect our ambition, drive and belief that EVERYONE at Moorlands Primary School can fulfil their true potential in all aspects of their learning!
If this vision reflects your own values, then you could be the Learning Support Practitioner for us.
- A warm and welcoming atmosphere
- Where values are embedded through all aspects of school life
- Well behaved, kind, caring, happy and hard-working pupils who are enthusiastic about learning
- Highly talented, dedicated and motivated staff which work as a very happy and supportive team.
- A supportive and active Governing Body
We are looking to recruit a Level 3 Teaching Assistant to:
- work in any Key Stage to support teaching and learning. Previous experience is desirable however a newly qualified practitioner will need to demonstrate the enthusiasm, skills and abilities in order to support the children’s needs.
- You will prepare and deliver activities to the groups of children, assisting them to access the curriculum as directed by the class teacher and provide appropriate health, safety, welfare, emotional and behavioural support.
- Provide games and activities for lunch times to help children’s social development.
- Deliver social, emotional and academic interventions working in line with Moorlands’ policies.
Moorlands Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
We welcome visits from prospective candidates. Please contact the school office on 0121 556 0352 to arrange a visit.
Application forms are available from and returnable to: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Friday 2nd July 2021
Shortlisting: Week beginning Monday 5th July 2021
Interviews: Week beginning 12th July 2021
27.5 hour per week – Term Time
Band D SCP 9-17
Winchester Road, West Bromwich B71 2NZ
Friday 2nd July 2021