Key Stage 2 Teacher – Moorlands Primary School
We welcome applications from experienced teachers who want to join us our exciting journey. This post is not suitable for a NQT.
Required for September 2021
Role: To work with targeted groups of children in Year 6.
Fixed term until 31.08.2022 with potential to be extended
Moorlands Primary School is a Foundation Primary School with pupils ranging from 4 to 11 years of age. The school is situated close to the Wednesbury /West Bromwich boundary.
The school was built in 1960 with seven classrooms in the main building, a multi-purpose hall and a school kitchen. The school also has its own enclosed but extensive playing fields with a variety of outdoor learning resources.
Moorlands Primary School's Vision
We place values education and communication at the heart of our curriculum; we nurture every child on their learning journey to become successful members of the community.
Our vision is to be an inspiring school which has a significant role in our pupils developing into children who are academically and emotionally ready to maximise their learning and become effective citizens of a culturally enriched community.
Steps to achieving the vision:
- Evolving teaching practices which deliver new ways of learning to deliver the curriculum
- Readiness for the digital age / world
- Building of resilience
- Happy and successful children
- Making mistakes is recognised as a stepping stone to being successful
- Holistic approaches across the school to help develop children’s knowledge, skills and strategies to cope emotionally with the modern day challenges
- A passion for reading which excites and develops children’s imagination
- Through the values ethos across the school, children develop as responsible citizens
- Embracing the culturally diverse community and celebrating differences
‘Anything is Possible!”
These words reflect our ambition, drive and belief that EVERYONE at Moorlands Primary School can fulfil their true potential in all aspects of their learning!
If this vision reflects your own values, then you could be the Teacher for us.
- A warm and welcoming atmosphere where values are embedded through all aspects of school life,
- Well behaved, kind, caring, happy and hard-working pupils who are enthusiastic about learning,
- Highly talented, dedicated and motivated staff which work as a very happy and supportive team,
- A supportive and active Governing Body,
- Opportunities for you to continue to develop as a teacher.
We are looking for a teacher who:
- Is an outstanding practitioner with a genuine passion for learning and teaching in Key Stage 2,
- Has a passion and commitment to the principles which underpin high quality teaching and learning of the 2014 National Curriculum and Expectations,
- Will be responsible for creating a stimulating and nurturing environment which encourages all children to develop and progress to their full potential,
- Can lead and empower others,
- Encourages and seeks to create a positive and creative learning environment.
Moorlands Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. This post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
We welcome visits from prospective candidates (these would have to be conducted after the end of the school day). Please contact the school office on 0121 556 0352 to arrange a visit.
Application forms are available downloadable from SMBC jobs website and returnable to: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Friday 2nd July 2021
Shortlisting: Monday 5th July 2021
Interviews: Friday 9th July 2021
Moorlands Primary School, Winchester Road, West Bromwich, B71 2NZ
Friday 2nd July 2021