Targeted Family Support Worker
Sandwell Children’s Trust are recruiting for a Targeted Family Support Worker for Tipton COG.
Things are happening and changing at pace here at Sandwell Children’s Trust. There’s lots going on, we have a great story to tell and we’re eager to make the most of the momentum we’ve achieved.
Covering the 6 towns of Oldbury, Rowley Regis, Smethwick, Tipton, Wednesbury and West Bromwich, we’re smaller than our surrounding neighbours, but big enough to make a difference to the lives of the children, young people and families we support, as well as your career.
Keen to build on the close knit, family feel that our colleagues really embrace, we’re already revising our improvement plan and investing in additional resources to create manageable workloads, with an emphasis on working together in a supportive team environment.
Our vision and purpose are clear, supported by well-defined structures, led by a strong and committed management and leadership team that is connected, listens, cares and acts…now all we need is for you to find your new home in Sandwell.
We’ve created a platform to build an exceptional ‘offer’ to everyone that joins us, something that can grow as we mature, something that we can enhance to meet the changing demands of social care and most importantly…something we can all be proud of and make us feel right at home. This has manifested itself in the ‘12 reasons to work in Sandwell Children’s Trust’. It’s a dynamic strategy, with a flexible framework that enables us to think about the way we recognise, reward and support you. Just visit our website and search under benefits to see the full facts.
Hours: 37 per week
Fixed term contract until 31st March 2022
A vacancy has arisen for a Targeted Family Support Worker (TFSW) within Tipton COG, which is a busy, vibrant team within the Targeted Early Help Service and offers family support within the Tipton area. The team have great working relationships with partners and offer a truly multi-agency way to improving the outcomes for children and families.
The post holder will be responsible for: -
- Chairing and co-ordinate Team around the Family (TAF) meetings with families and partner agencies to devise an outcome focused plan to bring about change for the family.
- To undertake direct work with children, young people and families
- To work with a variety of partners to achieve better outcomes for Children and Families.
- To support the effective application of thresholds in line with SSCB procedures.
- Keep accurate and update recording on EHM of all contact, meetings and interventions with children and families.
You will need to have: -
- Two years’ direct experience of working within a child, young people or families setting.
- NVQ level 3 or above in a child, young people or families field.
- Experience of direct work with children or families.
- Experience of maintaining up to date, accurate case records within a child, young people or family setting.
- Experience of undertaking children and /or families’ assessment (e.g., Early Help Assessments) on children, young people or families.
- Experience of managing a caseload.
- Experience of coordinating a package of intervention designed to address specific assessed needs to reduce risk and build resilience.
- Experience of delivering direct work with children and young people with a range of complex needs.
- Chairing and coordinating multi-agency meetings.
How to apply.
To apply please click on apply button
Interested, or have any questions? For an informal discussion contact our Recruitment team by emailing email@example.com
An Enhanced DBS is required for this position.
Sandwell Children's Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable groups including children, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 15th June 2021