Apprentice Teaching Assistant Level 3 - Ref: TV15621
ELMORE GREEN PRIMARY SCHOOL
Apprentice Teaching Assistant Level 3
27.5 hours per week, term time only + Training days.
Fixed Term Contract: 24 months
Pattern of work – Monday-Friday
Working Times to be confirmed
Elmore Green Primary School is an inclusive school. We strive for excellence every day, whilst nurturing and fostering enjoyment of learning. We are looking for someone who can demonstrate commitment, energy and drive to join our team and work to provide positive learning experiences for all our pupils. In return we can offer a supportive working environment where all staff are valued.
This is a great opportunity to work with forward thinking staff and be part of a passionate enthusiastic team who are committed to building the foundations for happy and successful life-long learners.
Desired skills and personal qualities:
- Be fully supportive of the ethos of the school.
- Be willing to learn and a positive role model in terms of dress, punctuality and attendance.
- Have the ability to organise and prioritise your own workload whilst working alone or as part of a team.
- Give attention to detail and good time management.
- Have the capacity, drive, passion and energy to succeed and hold yourself to high personal standards.
- Have excellent communication skills and be committed to helping and supporting children from all backgrounds.
- Follow safeguarding and child protection procedures including the ability to handle confidential information.
- Have some experience of working with primary age pupils, including those with special educational needs and/or disabilities.
- Have an adaptable and professional approach to the responsibilities of the post.
- Have excellent English, Maths and Computing skills.
- GCSE English and Mathematics Grade A-C/4-9) or equivalent Level 2 Functional Skills.
- Level 2 Teaching Assistant qualification.
Rates of pay:
The current National Minimum Wage for an Apprentice is £4.30 an hour. This rate applies to Apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices will be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over, AFTER completing their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £6.56 an hour for 18-20 year olds, £8.36 an hour for 21-24 year olds and £8.91 for anyone aged 25 and over. Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that is part of their apprenticeship.
If you would like the opportunity to work at Elmore Green Primary School, please complete an application form and a 2-page personal statement. Your statement should show how you meet the criteria of the post to which you are applying and how your examples demonstrate impact.
Application forms are available on our website https://www.elmoregreenprimary.co.uk or alternatively please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack. Completed application forms should be returned via email to the school.
Elmore Green Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to enhanced DBS check. The school complies with the Childcare (Disqualification) Regulations 2009, by ensuring that staff are not disqualified from working with children either themselves, or by association with a household member.
Closing date: 11th June 2021 – 12:00 noon
Interviews: Week Beginning 21st June 2021