Teacher of Science
4 days left
Permanent, full time or part time
Required for September 2021 or October 2021
Do you want to be part of a friendly and supportive school where everyone is included in professional development opportunities, where we showcase our students’ talents and celebrate their achievements?
If so, find out more about our Trust and how you can make a real difference to young people and be part of a thriving faculty. Our Science team is committed to consistently doing their best for our students, as a STEM Assured School where science is extremely popular at KS5 across Biology, Chemistry and Physics with over 150 students taking these subjects at AS/A2 level. The faculty has the freedom to innovate and inspire our students through faculty centred leadership, together with a strong sense of collaboration within the wider Trust too, providing developmental opportunities.
Our students are taught in purpose built, well-equipped labs and we are trying our best to be as creative as possible during these challenging times so that our students still get ample opportunity for practical and extra-curricular activities. Ideally you will be a biology specialist, and you will be able to demonstrate commitment and understanding in order that every student gets the personal support and challenge they need to progress and reach their full potential. We are dedicated to delivering a learning experience to all students which is stimulating and enjoyable, drawing from a wealth of extended learning environment and enrichment activities. We pride ourselves on being the kind of place people want to work where everyone recognises the buzz of excitement and togetherness, whatever stage they are at in their career. We invest in ensuring the quality of our relationships, fostering and building strong teams to share good and innovative practice, to promote learners’ achievements and to be the best that we can be.
We will play to your strengths and can offer you:
- The opportunity to flourish alongside supportive and caring staff with a strong team ethos, so that you have the tools to teach in a way that works for you
- A comprehensive induction programme for all new staff which continues with access to enriched professional development through a range of internal programmes and through our own experienced Trust staff
- Developmental opportunities for the next step in your career
- Access to expert coaching
- A strong and effective admin team to enable you to concentrate on your teaching
- Opportunities to teach across all key stages
- ICT rich, state of the art premises, with exceptional facilities and a range of benefits which includes cycle to work, access to the on-site gym and swimming pool, free parking, an employee discount scheme and provision of an ipad, a commitment to staff wellbeing and recognition initiatives through our people strategy and well-being committee.
Caludon Castle has great deal to be proud of, with a relentless focus on excellence and a desire to continuously improve. If you have the passion and determination to be valued part of our team, we would love to hear from you.
For further information or to arrange a visit please contact Emma Over, HR Director on HumanResources@castlephoenixtrust.org.uk
Application packs are available from Emma Over or visit our website http://castlephoenixtrust.org.uk/job-opportunities/vacancies/ to download further details. Find out more about us on https://youtu.be/9mlmgmD90fw Application forms to be returned to Emma Over on HumanResources@castlephoenixtrust.org.uk Closing date: 8.30 am on Wednesday 16th June 2021.
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this posts will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). The Trust is committed to safeguarding, promoting the welfare of children and young people and creating a culture of vigilance and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment and vigilance.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response.
Due to the current coronavirus situation, interviews may be subject to date change. All interviews that do take place will do so in a safe environment observing government guidance under social distancing criteria. Please do continue to submit your application if you are interested in the opportunity. We will maintain contact with all candidates so you are clear of selection process arrangements if you are shortlisted.