Lunchtime Supervisor - St Margaret's CE Primary School
5 days left
£17842.00 - £18562.00 p.a. Incremental progression is dependent on performance.
7.5 Hours per Week
St Margaret’s CE Primary School
Lunch Time Supervisor
7.5 hours per week Term Time only (11:45am – 1:15pm Mon - Fri)
Salary: Band A (£17,364 – £18,065) pro rata
Pension: Local Government Pension Scheme
We are looking for someone who will:
• Ensure the safety , well-being and enjoyment of the children in school during lunchtime
• Work effectively as part of a team
• Have the ability to build relationships with the whole school community
• Be friendly, approachable and flexible
• Support the Christian values of the school
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all its staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
• Uphold the Christian values and ethos of our church school in the way you conduct yourself and interact with children and adults
• Supervise children in the dining hall and on the playground or in classrooms, ensuring that they behave well, eat well, and play well
• Ensure appropriate use of quiet spaces
• Keep simple written records relating to incidents or accidents and inform the appropriate member of the teaching staff of any significant instances including good and bad behaviour
• Have positive, appropriate relationships with children
• Care for children who are unwell or injured or deal with any minor injuries and report any concerns to the Head or a designated first aider. In all cases of a bumped head, letters should be completed and sent to parents
• Apply the school’s behaviour policy and strategies to incidents of challenging or unacceptable behaviour that may arise, seeking advice and support from senior staff when appropriate
• Liaise with other staff when required
• Supervise the children as they move around the school, ensuring that they do so in a calm and ordered manner
• Undertake such duties as may be required from time to time to ensure that lunchtime is a positive, safe and enjoyable time for all
• Ensure tables and seats are clean for all children coming into lunch
• Make sure that trays are scraped and stacked correctly
• Ensure all spilt food and drinks are cleaned to prevent an accident occurring
• Clear up bodily fluids if needed in a safe manner
• Undertake health and safety duties commensurate with the post
• Undertake such other duties as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the general level of responsibilities if the job
• Work in a spirit of mutual support to get done what is required
• Maintain confidentiality at all times
• Carry out relevant training such as health and safety and safeguarding
This is not intended to be a complete and exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities attached to the post as this is a varied role.
This job is subject to change by negotiation as this new role develops.
This post will require an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring check.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
Solihull Council is proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees - a place where we can all be ourselves and succeed on merit.
Solihull Council has a responsibility for, and a commitment to, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All applications must be made using the specified application form. CVs will not be considered.
Application forms can be requested from:
St Margaret’s CE Primary School, Richmond Road, Olton, Solihull B92 7RR
Please submit completed applications to:
to arrive by 9am on Monday 21st June 2021
Interviews Friday 2nd July 2021
0121 706 5020