£27,741 to £34,729 pro rata
Hours per week: 36.5 per week, term time only + 3 weeks
Contract Type: Permanent
Tile Cross Academy
Telephone Number: 0121 803 2914
Email Address: email@example.com
Job Start Date: As soon as possible
We are looking to recruit a House Manager to:
- Establish and maintain an ethos of safety, resilience and cohesion through taking assemblies and leading where necessary on competitions, rewards, SMSC and PSHE (including character days)
- Provide support and advice to students in line with promoting their social care and personal development with respect to learning and health and safety
- Respond to and take steps to resolve relationship issues between students
- Provide general student support
- Monitor attendance, behaviour, standards and detentions
- Follow up attendance matters, including for agreed target students and contact or meet with parents
- Collect and collate accounts relating to incidents, following up directly when appropriate
- Issue, collect and follow up target cards for identified students
- Contribute to pastoral support plans
- Be aware of and comply with policies relating to child protection and all aspects of safeguarding students
- Liaise with external agencies on behalf of the team
- Have GCSE English and maths at Grade C or above
- Have experience of working in a secondary school
- Have experience of Pastoral Leadership
- Have experience of using data to assess and monitor student performance
- Have the ability to use an effective range of strategies to change pupil’s behaviour.
- Have experience of using good communication and interpersonal skills
- Have the ability to remain positive under pressure and meet competing deadlines
- Be a self- motivated and enthusiastic worker
We will offer you:
- Happy and enthusiastic children who enjoy school.
- A caring and inclusive school with supportive, enthusiastic and dedicated colleagues, governors and parents.
- Supportive Faculty and Senior Leadership Teams committed to providing quality continuing professional development and support
- The opportunity to be part of an exciting, progressive and growing academy trust which recognises that its staff are its most important asset
- Access to a generous local government pension scheme
- On-site parking
- Collaborative working with HR colleagues across WHMAT
Tile Cross Academy is a small and caring 11-16 mixed comprehensive school that was created on 1st May 2017. We have high expectations for our students and we aim to provide a high quality education in an atmosphere of mutual respect where each individual is valued. We strive to develop and nurture the values, skills and attributes which create
good citizens and lifelong learners.
We are part of WHMAT, a family of seven academies (two secondary, four primaries and one all through school) who serve a discrete, diverse and multicultural community. Our underlying moral purpose is that “we are stronger working together on partnership”. However, each academies unique identity is respected whilst a collaborative approach is
encouraged. At the heart of WHMAT is a focus on developing all staff so that they remain happy and motivated to provide the best possible teaching and support to its pupils. This in turn gives our young people the best possible chances of developing into well-rounded individuals.
For further details, please visit the school website: www.tilecross.academy
Tile Cross Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DSB check is required for all successful applicants.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Closing Date: 18 June 2021, 9am
Application Packs are available to download from our website or from the Eteach website or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you wish to apply, please complete the support staff application form using the job description and job specification and email it to: email@example.com
This post is not part of the City Council and the successful candidate will not hold a Birmingham City Council Contract of Employment. Please use the contact details in the advert for information on actual employment conditions.