Level 2 SEN Teaching Assistant 1:1
Long Lawford Primary School is a large 3 form entry primary school situated in the village of Long Lawford, Rugby. We are a happy, forward thinking school, passionate about ensuring all children have access to the highest quality education in a safe and stimulating environment.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and hardworking Level 2 SEN Teaching Assistant to join our fantastic team to provide 1:1 support for a child in KS2 with special educational needs.
The position is 27.5 hours per week (8.30am - 3.00pm Mon - Fri) and is term time only with 5 teacher training days per academic year. The role is a fixed term contract until 31st August 2022 in the first instance.
We are looking for a Teaching Assistant who:
- Has an NVQ Level 2 childcare related qualification (or equivalent).
- Has a good understanding of how children learn and develop.
-Experience of supporting SEND would be an advantage.
- Ideally have experience of working in a primary school.
- Is able to support the class teacher in meeting the needs of all children.
- Is able to work with individuals and small groups of children.
- Is able to plan programmes of work for focus groups of pupils under the direction of the class teacher and SENCO.
- Is motivated, enthusiastic and adaptable.
- Can show initiative and is able to work as part of a team.
- Has excellent communication skills.
In return we can offer:
-Children who are eager to learn.
-A forward-looking school with high expectations of all.
-A welcoming, supportive and committed staff team.
-A positive and encouraging environment in which to work and learn.
-Opportunities to develop professionally.
To be considered for this role it is preferable you have previous experience of working with children with special educational needs and challenging behaviours.
Additional Information & How to Apply
Completed application forms to be sent and marked for the attention of Mrs L Grant, School Business Manager.
Long Lawford Primary School
Or emailed to email@example.com
Closing date: 12pm 18th June 2021
Interview date: 25th June 2021
Long Lawford Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.
Only those shortlisted for interview will be contacted further. Please note we only accept applications made directly to school by candidates via our application process and not via recruitment agencies.