Customer Service Officer – Advice and Referral Team
2 days left
Job Title : Customer Service Officer – Advice and Referral Team
Employment Term : Permanent
Location : Plough Lane - Hereford
Salary : £19698 to £21748
Closing date: Tuesday 22nd June 2021
Interview date: Thursday 1st July 2021
An opportunity has arisen for a Customer Service Officer to join a supportive team in the Adults and Communities Directorate.
The Advice and Referral Team provides the first point of contact for the public and professionals who have concerns regarding adults with care and support needs who are or may be at risk of abuse or neglect. The role involves taking referrals by telephone and email, providing advice, information and signposting. It can be busy and demanding but offers an interesting role in a supportive team.
A good telephone manner and prior experience in an administrative role is required; as is the ability to work in a confidential environment. The post also requires keyboard skills, including word processing and data inputting, and the ability to communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing to members of the public and members of the multi-disciplinary teams. Full training will be given
Full time hours are available, Monday to Friday 9-5pm.
Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification for more details of this role. To apply, please submit your CV along with a supporting statement, referring to the job description and person specification, detailing how you meet the specific requirements of the role.
Benefits with Herefordshire Council
• 25 days annual leave per year rising to 30 after 5 years’ service, plus Bank Holidays and 2 days unpaid at Christmas (pro rata for part time)
• Enrolment in the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS)
• Pick your perks – our benefits include access to a range of retail, leisure, holiday and health benefits. This includes savings, cash back and discounts. We also offer an employee assistance programme that means you will have access to confidential support and advice if you ever need it.
We welcome applicants whatever their personal characteristics or social identity. All requests for flexible working arrangements and reasonable adjustments will be considered.
The following candidates will be interviewed if they meet the essential criteria for the post:
• Those who indicate they have a disability. This is part of our commitment to the ‘Disability Confident’ scheme.
• Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are an Armed Forces Veteran or Reservist. This is part of our pledge to support the Armed Forces Covenant; and
• Those who indicate in their supporting statement that they are a Herefordshire care leaver. This is part of our commitment to supporting young people leaving our care
If you would like to discuss this job in more detail please contact Iain Maclean on 01432 260549
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Due to social distancing and infection controls currently in place we will contact you to discuss interview arrangements. If you would like to obtain details regarding feedback on your application please contact Hoople Resourcing at: email@example.com