Social Care Worker
Social Care Worker
Salary: £22,183 - £24,491 (37 hrs a week - permanent)
Worcestershire County Council is committed to supporting its residents to live healthy and independent lives in their community.
In order to achieve this, the Council, in partnership with NHS colleagues and our care providers, provides services that will assist adults referred to the council for social care, or leaving hospital, to regain their independence.
Our approach will be to offer short-term intensive support to enable individuals to learn how to live their lives as independently as they can and support them to regain independence during the period of support. We focus on what people can do and build on these skills. We will make sure people receive the right support at the right time to help them live independently at home for as long as possible.
This is part of a broader approach to ensure Worcestershire residents are healthier, live longer, have better quality of life and remain independent for as long as possible.
We are looking to recruit a Social Care Worker who can:
- work closely with people in the communities to ensure care and support needs are met, promoting access to all types of community facilities;
- enable customers to meet their full potential and maximise their independence;
- be a confident communicator and have the ability to be creative, innovative and search for solutions that are not always obvious;
- manage their own caseload including purchasing appropriate support and working closely with people until you are confident that you have managed to make some positive changes in their life.
What we offer you:
- Paid training, regular support, observation and monitoring;
- IT equipment;
- Membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme;
- Discounts at a number of restaurants, shops and gym membership;
- 25 days annual leave rising to 30 days, after 5 years’ service, plus bank holidays.
As the ideal candidate you must have Level 2 qualification in health or social care or considerable experience. A full induction programme will be provided.
If you require further information, please contact Gemma Stevens, Jayne McCullough or Debbie Bell on 01905 822876
This post is exempt under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of criminal records via the Disclosure and Barring Service before the appointment is confirmed. This will include details of cautions, reprimands or final warnings, as well as convictions.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all Sections of the Community.
Applications can be submitted online via WM Jobs or by sending a copy of your up to date CV and an expression of interest detailing what makes you a suitable candidate for the post (2 sides A4 max) to: email@example.com
Closing date: 23rd June 2021
Interview Date: Week commencing the 28th June 2021