Clerical Assistant (St Nicholas CE First School)
7 days left
Fixed Term with potential to making an excellent appointee permanent within 6 months.
8.30am-4.30pm Mon-Thurs and 8.30am-4pm Friday (37 hours)
St Nicholas CE First School is looking to appoint a highly effective Clerical Assistant to work under the direction of our Admin Manager within our team our team of three. This is a great opportunity to work with forward thinking staff and be part of a passionate enthusiastic team. The Office Team work in conjunction with a remote Hub team to lead on high quality service to parents and children. The post holder will manage clerical and administrative support to the Head Teacher and school to enable the delivery of a professional and efficient administrative service.
As part of the role you will be required to undertake roles such as:
- Ensuring the efficient and effective running of the school office.
- Shared responsibility for the receipt of goods and some elements of invoice processing.
- Management, collection and reconciliation of school monies and providing statistical information where required, administering free school meals and milk/fruit in schools schemes.
- Working within effective financial and data protection policies and procedures.
- Liaising with staff for organising school visits, camps and extra-curricular activities, including acquisition of funds.
- Administrating refunds and debt collection practices.
- Supporting school LABs to take minutes as required by the Head Teacher.
- Administrating and reporting of attendance and absence of pupils and staff (a good working knowledge of SIMS required).
- Upholding and supporting school safeguarding arrangements (DBS and security checks) as well as induction of new staff.
- Supporting Admissions processes and advising parents.
- Enabling access to IT and building for new staff and visitors, establishing communication groups and access.
- Liaising with external providers (finance, IT, health and safety providers etc) to ensure the smooth running of the school.
- Supporting the regular maintenance and update of the school website and continuing to develop strategy around web communications.
We can offer you:
• A welcoming, caring school where everyone is valued
• A dedicated, professional and motivated staff team who believe in teamwork and building positive relationships across the school and in the local community
• A supportive ethos of aspiration, ambition and high achievement for all
• A dynamic, creative environment, encouraging collaboration and open to innovation
• Training opportunities
• A warm, family atmosphere
• Ambition and vision for all
•Encouragement to develop new ideas and the opportunity to make a real difference
• A leadership team that values close working with the office team
• Ambition and vision for all
The successful candidate will have:
• The motivation to achieve the very best for our school
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Experience/desire to develop skills in supporting the daily operation of good Health and safety practices.
• Experience of working with adults and children
• A desire to help colleagues and serve our parent community
• Excellent IT skills and working knowledge of SIMS
You will be expected to:
• Work to a high standard and be able to meet deadlines
• Be courteous in dealing with members of the public
• Be a team player who will work well with colleagues
• Work within school policies and procedures
• Work with accuracy
• Be highly motivated and innovative.
How to apply
Completed application forms should be returned via email to the school along with a 1 page personal statement outlining your skills and experiences. (This can be typed or handwritten). Posts are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic at this time there is no opportunity for prospective candidates to visit the school. Any applicants may wish to look on the school website. We can also offer you a virtual tour of the school which can be accessed by emailing a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All recruitment processes will be carried out with regard to Covid-19 measures for schools and applicants. We will email any arrangements out, following the shortlisting of candidates closer to the time taking into account Covid restrictions and risk at that time.
This post is exempted under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and as such appointment to this post will be conditional upon the receipt of a satisfactory response to a check of police records via Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
This School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Closing Date: 30th June at 9:00am
Interview dates TBC