Teaching and Learning Assistant - St Joseph's Catholic Academy
Required to start on Monday 6th September 2021
St Joseph’s can offer a friendly and caring working atmosphere with well-behaved and motivated children. We are looking to appoint a Teaching and Learning Assistant term time only, 25 hours a week (Monday-Friday) on a fixed term basis with the potential of becoming permanent.
This role will be to support individuals and groups in KS2 both in and out of the classroom delivering interventions and activities under the direction of the class teacher and SENCO.
Key Duties / Responsibilities
1. Provide learning activities for individuals and groups of pupils under the professional direction and supervision of a qualified teacher, differentiating and adapting learning programmes to suit the needs of allocated pupils
2. Assess, record and report on development, progress and attainment as agreed with the teacher
3. Monitor and record pupil responses and learning achievements, drawing any problems which cannot be resolved to the attention of the teacher
4. Plan and evaluate specialist learning activities with the teacher, writing reports and records as required
5. Select and adapt appropriate resources/methods to facilitate agreed learning activities
6. Support pupils in social and emotional well-being, reporting problems to the teacher as appropriate
7. Teaching Assistants in this role are expected to undertake at least one of the following:
8. Provide specialist support to pupils with special educational needs, for example, learning behavioural, communication, social, sensory or physical difficulties
9. Provide specialist support to pupils where English is not their first language
10. Provide specialist support to gifted and talented pupils
St Joseph’s Catholic Academy is committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and young people and expects all its employees to share this commitment.
The post is exempt under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) and the successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced check by the Criminal Records Bureau.
To comply with Asylum and Immigration legislation you will be required (if appointed) to provide one or more documents from the Immigration Act 2006 - List A and B. You must provide proof of current and valid permission to be in the United Kingdom and valid permission to do the type of work offered. Further information is available at: www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk/employers/
Visits to the Academy are warmly welcomed and encouraged – please contact Miss N Clark, Academy Manager, to arrange a visit: firstname.lastname@example.org 01782 235393
To apply please email the school email@example.com for an application pack