Casual Education Assistant
Whatever your role within Wyre Forest District Council, every day you will be working to benefit the people of Wyre Forest. You can help shape our District’s future, and you will be part of a workforce that makes a difference.
Quality, professionalism and commitment are the key drivers of the services we offer to enhance the quality of life of local residents and visitors to the District. In order to maintain high standards it is necessary to have a diverse workforce who are highly competent and experienced, whose main focus is ensuring the services we offer meet the aspirations and needs of our local community.
To assist the Education and Development Officer to promote, organise, develop and deliver Museum Education programmes.
You will need to
• Be able to communicate with people at all levels
• Be enthusiastic, effective and professional at all times
• Have a basic knowledge of IT skills
• Have a flexible approach to working
• Be able to prioritise and work to deadlines
The successful candidate will possess:
- Relevant qualifications, equivalent to NVQ Level 3
- An enthusiastic and keen interest in Education. Teaching at Primary or Secondary school level. Administration skills. Experience of face to face work with community groups and Museum visitors.
- You have experience of working with volunteers and can communicate with them effectively and promote opportunities appropriately
- Working closely with other members of staff to market and promote Education programmes
- The ability to assist with the safe delivery of project-related and education activities
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions independently
- Ability to work effectively as a keen team member and independently as required
- Good interpersonal skills including ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
This is a casual position.
This role is paid in line with Wyre Forest Salary current Band D which equates to £9.01 per hour, Band 2 - £11.06 per hour with effect from 1st July 2021.
You may be required to provide a suitable vehicle in connection with the duties of this post.
This job includes duties that may require an element of physical effort and mobility on an occasional basis.
We anticipate that interviews for these positions will be held mid-July.
Wyre Forest District Council is an equal opportunities employer