Hours: Full time
Contract Type: Fixed term for 1 year due to pupil numbers in Resource Base which is linked to funding for staffing
Boldmere Inclusion Base
Federation of Boldmere Schools
Telephone Number: 0121 464 3656
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Start Date: 2 September 2021
The Federation of Boldmere Schools are an inclusive 3-form entry setting, situated in the Sutton Coldfield area of Birmingham. We offer places for children between the ages of 3-11 years, working closely as a Federation to ensure ‘outstanding’ provision for all our children.
We are a fully inclusive school and have an inclusion base for children diagnosed with ASC (Autism Spectrum Condition) and with an EHCP (Educational Health Care Plan).
Our school is looking to appoint an inspirational and passionate teacher to work in our newly established and expanding Boldmere Inclusion Base (BIB). We feel this is an incredibly exciting opportunity to work at our school in this setting and we are looking for practitioners with:
• the expertise and vision to develop high standards and expectations of pupil achievement and behaviour
• the highest expectations of teaching and learning regardless of children’s ability
• knowledge of teaching pupils diagnosed with ASC and communication difficulties
• an ability to work collaboratively with support staff and senior leaders in order to plan and deliver high quality educational provision for our children attending the BIB
• an understanding that at times our pupils will display challenging behaviours, which are a feature of their special educational needs
• the ability to be resilient, initiate, develop and implement creative skills
• the ability to take responsibility for the outcomes of the children being taught
• experience of teaching children on the ASC spectrum
• experience in the effective management and delivery of outcomes and provision required in individual EHCPs
• an ability to implement effective intervention strategies to positively impact upon the children in your class
• the ability to work in collaboration with outside agencies who are commissioned to benefit the provision of the children in their setting, such as CAT, EP, SaLT and PSS
We are passionate about meeting the needs of children with additional and complex needs. Our staff provide a caring and safe learning environment, working as a friendly, supportive and hardworking team.
We can offer you:
• a commitment to support you in developing new skills through a wide range of professional development opportunities and experiences
• an opportunity to work in a truly inclusive, forward thinking school
• a bright, cheerful and well-resourced school
• an exciting place to work and develop
• a caring, creative atmosphere, which achieves high standards
• the opportunity to make a huge contribution to the education and lives of children who respond very positively to high quality teaching.
• a supportive leadership team
• a supportive school community
• a collaborative and effective team of staff in our Inclusion Base setting
Closing Date: 28 June 2021, 12 midday
If you feel you have the necessary skills required and are interested in the joining our successful team, then we would like to hear from you. Informal visits to the school and our Inclusion Base are welcome and encouraged.
Please contact the school office to book an appointment.
For further information and to download an application pack, please visit the school website, job vacancies, top right-hand corner
Completed applications to be emailed to: email@example.com
Successfully shortlisted applicants will be asked to attend an interview which will take place on Tuesday 6 July 2021.
We would like the successful applicant to be available to come in to our Inclusion Base to play an active role in our planned transition arrangements for this final summer term of the academic year.
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to all necessary pre-employment checks, including: an enhanced DBS; Prohibition check; Childcare Disqualification (where applicable); qualifications (where applicable); medical fitness; identity and right to work. All applicants will be required to provide two suitable references.